Novus
an equine & cervidae rpg
Hello, Guest!
or Register

Thank you, everyone, for a wonderful 5 years!
Novus closed 10/31/2022, after The Gentle Exodus

All Welcome  - ima reborn maggot using germ warfare

Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Played by [PM] Posts: N/A — Threads:
Kalae

...only fools rush in...

She doesn't have much experience with extreme climates. Her foalhood was spent in a tropical climate and her now home was tepid in temperature. She had guessed that she would rather it be hot then cold, but the dryness of the air had hit her hard in the face. She trudged on, determined to explore this new land she had happened upon. After all, she had desert blood running though her veins. One little jaunt in the sand won't kill her...right? The sand in her mouth had other ideas. Well, it's not going to beat her.

It was almost a liquid, this sandy footing. It rose and fell with the wind, and suddenly she was more appreciative of the scenery. She had stared at the sea for so long that she was convinced that waves needed to be blue. As she climbed a dune to stare above it, she realized that waves came in beige also. This sandy sea also had it's wildlife. In place of fish, tiny insects and reptiles burrowed under it's depths. Instead of gulls and water birds, large vultures circled the desert, screeching at any sign of food. One had let out a high pitched cry, and she returned it with a girlish whinny. She rose to her hind legs, feeling her Saudi blood in the hot air and swinging her hooves. A gust of wind brought up sand around her hocks and blew her thick mane around her. She felt powerful. Now all she needed was a way to feel this way at home.

Did the desert echo?

Her hooves planted in the sand, her eyes squinting. No, there wasn't any surface for her voice to be returned to her. With her ears pricked, she called out again, waiting for...what? Surely there wasn't anyone here. This place was huge and the chance of her meeting someone was so small, and yet, there it was again. A noise that almost sounded like someone calling to her. Whirling around, she tossed her hairs from her face, trying to tell the direction of the yell. In the distance, a figure emerged, distorted by the waves of heat in the air.  On impulse, she sprinted forward, not thinking of who this stranger might be. He could be a killer, or maybe he could be a crazy wizard? She still wasn't sure how this magic thing worked...

Pulling up, she left a good distance between herself and the stranger, adrenaline flowing to her spines and making them stand on end. 

"Hello?" 

Who in their right mind was just wandering the desert? Well, me for one. But I have a reason. Well, ok maybe this dude does too. I mean, who am I to judge? I was just rearing like a damn foal pretending to be some fairy tale character and giggling at birds. Maybe I'm the crazy one. Who cares. At least I can be entertained for a bit. It was getting kind of boring wandering around by myself. And if he turned out to be an insane murderer who wants to eat my eyeballs and wear my skin, I'll just run away. Plus I doubt he wants to get stabbed by my quills. Those suckers hurt.

@Sada hope you don't mind me jumping in. I just love how Sada talks and may have done a tiny bit of stalking...

Messages In This Thread
ima reborn maggot using germ warfare - by Sada - 10-14-2019, 08:50 PM
RE: ima reborn maggot using germ warfare - by Kalae - 10-14-2019, 11:16 PM
RE: ima reborn maggot using germ warfare - by Sada - 10-21-2019, 09:08 PM
RE: ima reborn maggot using germ warfare - by Kalae - 10-24-2019, 10:43 PM
RE: ima reborn maggot using germ warfare - by Sada - 01-17-2020, 01:14 AM