Novus
an equine & cervidae rpg
Hello, Guest!
or Register

Thank you, everyone, for a wonderful 5 years!
Novus closed 10/31/2022, after The Gentle Exodus

All Welcome  - A new beginning

Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Played by Offline Lullivy [PM] Posts: 225 — Threads: 37
Signos: 1,285
Night Court Sovereign
Female [She/her/hers]  |  15 [Year 496 Spring]  |  15.3 hh  |  Hth: 3 — Atk: 3 — Exp: 51  |    Active Magic: N/A  |    Bonded: Picoro (Sloth)

The sun setting over the horizon is a sight that never gets old. Warm light sweeping over flat fields of emerald green, turning it to soft golden tendrils. Changing to turquoise as dusk sweeps over it with its purple shadows. This was a sight Luvena had seen more times than she could count. First in Herstial, then the Viridian fields of Elysium.  The first place she had seen in Elysium were those fields, and she regretted not having visited them before she left. 
But this was close. As the light swept over the Susurro fields she felt her heart fill with both sorrow and hope, and her mind swam in memories of times gone past.  She had found this place, after two long years of travel, that had taken their toll on her. She had been strong when she left Elysium. The gift of immortality coursing through her veins. But as she left Elysiums magic, so too did it leave her.  It wasn't so bad at first, as it left slowly. But as time wore on she felt everything coming back. At first, it was just the fatigue, which she attributed to the constant traveling. But then she noticed the stars leave her pelt, and the luster slowly faded back to a dull beige. Her mane began thinning. Her appetite left her and she began to lose weight again until her ribs showed, and her hips became twin peaks n her rump.  the aches and pains came back, as did the headaches. It was just like it had been, and yet this time she was on her own again.
until she found it. Novus. She had wandered in at first not knowing and found a sheltered place to call it a night. In the morning she woke, and continuing on, she noticed that there were others around her. This was a populated land. She had wandered into the territory of the dusk court, and decided that for now. This was where she would stay. 
This evening, she wandered the fields. Trying to memorize the details of the sprawling plains. There were a few others around her, but she hadn't worked up the nerve to go introduce herself yet. At one time she was used to being looked at strangely, and with pity. But in Elysium, where she was known, they had stopped looking at her that way, and once she was blessed by Vega, no one had any need to. But here she was a stranger, and she dreaded once again being looked at that way once more. 

(I'm super rusty! Sorry guys! This is Lu's first post here and I'd love to have her meet some people!)

Played by Offline Zombie [PM] Posts: 109 — Threads: 15
Signos: 650
Inactive Character

Rhone had taken to watching the sunrise and sunset from the cliffs. He had always found peace at watching the sun slip below the horizon over open ocean. The sound of the waves crashing against the rocky ledge, the salty spray filling his nostrils, and the sound of seagulls calling overhead. It was all music to his ears and kept him calm, centered.

After tonight’s show, Rhone was on his way back to the court so he could settle in for the night. He always took the long route home, preferring to wander through Terrastella and seeing if there was anything to see or anyone interesting to talk to. Rhone had always been a social creature, enjoying the company of others, no it was no surprise that he was out looking for conversation.

While wandering through the open fields, he saw someone he had never seen before. She looked a little thing, but most importantly, she looked new. She was not a face that he had seen before. With a soft smile, he picked up his pace, moving quickly to where she stood, overlooking some of the other citizens. Rhone wondered why he was the only one to notice her. Surely some of these others could see that she was a new face. So why had they not welcomed her? What a shame.

As he came upon her, he slowed his pace and eventually halted at a respectable distance. He offered her a smile, his brown eyes seeking hers. "Welcome to Terrastella." He was trying his best to be open and welcoming, wanting nothing more than for her to feel at home. "My name is Rhone." It was always a good thing to start off with pleasantries. He often found that offering his name was a way to build report with others and make them feel more comfortable. He supposed he could sympathize. He was far more relaxed among friends than strangers.

@Luvena

Night Court Sovereign
Female [She/her/hers]  |  15 [Year 496 Spring]  |  15.3 hh  |  Hth: 3 — Atk: 3 — Exp: 51  |    Active Magic: N/A  |    Bonded: Picoro (Sloth)

1. Luvena
    Her ears pricked at the voice, as it broke the soft rush of the wind over the field, yet it took her a moment to realize that it was directed at her. The man who stood before her certainly beat her in stature if not in height.  He was rather plain if not for what looked like a scar on his hindquarters, and she wondered how it had come to be there.  "Oh" she replied "Thank you" her voiced rasped over the first word or two, having not been used in quite some time. She spent a moment deliberating whether or not to give her full name or not. She decided against it, it didn't matter anymore. That name was from a long time ago, and it hadn't mattered in Elysium either. She wasn't even sure her son knew it belonged to him now since she had used it so little.  "It's nice to meet someone here at last. I'm Luvena" The man seemed kind enough, and she was in no position to be choosy with who she gave her name.  "I suppose it's obvious that I'm new here then?" She let a soft smile cross her face, though it didn't extend to her eyes.   The sun had gone down completely over the horizon now, washing the field in darkness, and sending a cold chill into the air. The nights were growing colder as autumn swept over the land and warned them all that winter too was fast approaching. Still though, there was something about autumn that always warmed her heart. As the leaves changed colour and drifted down to the earth. @Rhone
    Table © Camy

Played by Offline Zombie [PM] Posts: 109 — Threads: 15
Signos: 650
Inactive Character

He waits patiently for her to acknowledge him, knowing that the sudden onslaught of words might have startled her if only a little bit. When one was not expecting to see or speak to another, he understood the surprise when suddenly a voice broke through the silence. He was in no hurry to rush her, only allowing her to answer when she felt comfortable doing so…or perhaps when she realized that it was her that he was speaking to. There were several others gathered in the fields on this particular evening, so he supposed he could have been speaking to just about anyone.

When she finally did reply, his soft smile towards her only grew. She seemed kind enough, a little surprised but still kind. She replied that her name was Luvena and Rhone locked it away for later use. It was a name he hadn’t heard before, but it rolled off his tongue so sweetly, far more sweetly than this own name which sounded quite harsh when leaving his lips. But contrary to what it sounded like, Rhone was anything but harsh. He was soft and kind, the sort of person one always wanted to be around.

He took another step towards her, closing the distance but still maintaining a respectful few feet away from her. After all, he did not want her to feel overcrowded or unable to breathe. "Luvena, such a beautiful name." He wanted to add that it was a beautiful name for a beautiful woman, but he supposed that might not come across as he had hoped. Sometimes a little bit of flirting goes a long way, but he did not want her to get the wrong idea. He was only being friendly.

She comments that it was obvious that she was new here and he cannot help the light chuckle he gives. He cannot blame her for thinking that, even though it wasn’t exactly true. "Not too obvious…" Just about anyone who looked over those gathered in the fields might not identify her as new on point. But he did. It was only because he made a point to form relationships with each member of Terrastella. "I make a habit of knowing everyone…so when I see someone I have not met before, I know them to be new." Sure, there were still some who lived in Terrastella that he did not know, but he had seen them around and would not necessarily tag them as new. After all, he hadn’t been here too long himself.

"Where have you come from?" It was a polite, curious question. Rhone wondered if she was just new to the court, having come from somewhere else in Novus, or if this was her very first arrival in Novus. It made a huge difference in what he would do from here, to show her around only Terrastella, or to help her navigate through Novus.

@Luvena

Night Court Sovereign

She was brought back to a time nearly four years ago now, when she had first entered Elysium. it had been much like this. The virridian fields had spread out far before her, before corona took those lands, and they were neutral. She had been alone, confused. She had not yet found Picoro nor Io. A man had approahce dher, with a coat made of ivory and ebony, clashing together. Thanantos.  She had followed him back to the beaches of arae, where she had been housed for a very short time.  It hadn't lasted long. But that kindness had been what had convinced her to settle in Elysium for more than a few months. 

This was much like that. Again the green fields rolled out for a distance, again she was alone. and yet she was approached with words of kindness. She appreciated the distance he left all the same. after all, despite his kindness, they were strangers.  She dipped her head softly. "Thank you"  She replied. 

She found she wasn't surprised by his response. She remembered foing the same when she was the Lady of Crucis. She had wandered along the borders of the woods, to see if any newcomers approached. and then once she had done that, she slowly made her way to the claiming grounds, to see if there were any lost souls that might find a good home in the woods. 

his question had a lengthy answer. She came from many places, all of them important. "I've been all over" she replied. "Herstial, which I don't expect you to know. It's long gone. Elysium, many months travel to the east. It's been a long time since I've stopped anywhere notable." It was unlikely that anyone here knew of the lands. afterall, Herstial had been destroyed over 6 years ago. Elysium was far, and had crumbled 2 years ago. 

"I don't know this place well. perhaps you could show me?"

@Rhone