Novus
an equine & cervidae rpg
Hello, Guest!
or Register

Thank you, everyone, for a wonderful 5 years!
Novus closed 10/31/2022, after The Gentle Exodus

Private  - snakes & honey

Users browsing this thread: 4 Guest(s)

Played by [PM] Posts: N/A — Threads:
Vendetta

You should see me in a crown, I'm gonna run this nothing town.
“Tsk, surely you know by now that my ties are to myself and my businesses. Solterra is simply where I choose to do such business.” It’s true that Vendetta has little affection for the city that she lives and works within, but someone with such fine taste as herself would never do well out here living as Lucinda chooses to. Not only does she thrive in and within the markets, but she needs a stable and hidden-in-plain-sight sort of place to do her job.

Her interest, however, is dramatically more piqued as the winged woman mentions information. The real glory of the Scorpions—their true purpose—was to collect information from all over Novus. And the unicorn cannot help but wonder, whatever could Lucinda want to know? Her ruby eyes sharpen keenly, one ear lifting toward her companion as she waits.

She does not wait long.

Lucinda speaks of the island, and although Vendetta has thought little of it since that day she remembers it clearly. Although she would have loved to have such a prize as the relic to display in her home (with proper security, of course), it had been curious enough to see the sort of crowd it had drawn. So many equines after riches and glory… Mmm, now that is something that truly intrigues her.

It makes Vendetta wonder to what lengths such equines would go for promises of those things, reminding herself that she is standing across from one of them at this exact moment. She already knows what she would do, of course. The Mistress has done many things for her power, reach and status, none of which she regrets. But others, perhaps less assured, less driven; they are the ones to keep an eye on.

Lucinda’s question lands between them, dropping to the ground like a heavy bound book or a glass vase. Attention-getting, striking, echoing. Her ruby red eyes look into her companion’s with acute consideration. Her scorpions have uncovered some knowledge of the island’s aftermath, and a history of the relic that told her it had been here once before. “The island is indeed gone,” she says, but she can’t quite seem to gather any care into her voice. It had been distant, and full of many no good things.

“This isn’t the first time the relic has appeared on Novus, if my sources are to be believed,” and she gives no indication that they aren’t. Vendetta is certain they are right. “It is a fragment of Tempus’ own magic, from when he first walked upon the earth. It grants its recipient magic, or immortality, supposedly.” She turns in the small hut, glancing out a window into the canyon. The sun is bright off the sandstone walls that reach so high she can’t even see the sky.

Vendetta narrows her eyes, as if trying to remember the information she had been given. Of course, she remembers it quite well; she is only determining exactly how much to say. The relic had, according to history, belonged to only one equine. What had happened to them and why Tempus had thought it time to bring back the relic, she couldn’t say. “As far as I can tell, it is an item held in highest regard and even higher secrecy.”

It wasn’t a lie, perse, but a little omission never hurt anyone. At least not when she was the one omitting information from others. Very few deigned to lie to her. “I do not know who has it,” Vendetta says, anticipating the woman’s next question. And this at least, is true. Whoever has the relic now is being careful with it, smartly, she thinks to herself.

“Speaking.”
Watch me make them bow, one by one by one.
credits | @Lucinda

Messages In This Thread
snakes & honey - by Lucinda - 10-20-2019, 10:17 PM
RE: snakes & honey - by Vendetta - 10-29-2019, 10:21 AM
RE: snakes & honey - by Lucinda - 11-03-2019, 12:40 AM
RE: snakes & honey - by Vendetta - 11-25-2019, 02:24 PM
RE: snakes & honey - by Lucinda - 11-29-2019, 06:55 PM
RE: snakes & honey - by Vendetta - 01-14-2020, 03:21 PM
RE: snakes & honey - by Lucinda - 02-01-2020, 10:09 PM
RE: snakes & honey - by Vendetta - 02-27-2020, 11:32 AM