Novus
an equine & cervidae rpg
Hello, Guest!
or Register

Thank you, everyone, for a wonderful 5 years!
Novus closed 10/31/2022, after The Gentle Exodus

All Welcome  - The Sky Ocean is Flooding!

Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Played by Offline Teal [PM] Posts: 22 — Threads: 5
Signos: 460
Inactive Character

Turn your magic on, to me she'd say
Everything you want's a dream away

I sheltered under the branches of the trees, my head now raised as the finned creature flinched and jumped at every split and roar in the sky. Fear was a bully that even the strongest of us were subjected to. It snared you in a cold sweat and rattled your bones, always accompanied by paranoia and a dreadful anticipation of doom.

“Uninjured is good,” I began, looking down to the sorry state she was in with a kind but concerned eye. What she had said didn’t quite make sense and I cocked my head to the side. “Monsters in the sky?” My eyes glanced up as a crack of lightning shot across the sky and in the distance the sound of a tree shattering echos across the thundering hammer of the rain. I wonder what a storm might look like to those deprived of their infamous glory and after a few moments of not understanding, it clicked and I softly chuckle.

“You mean, the lightning?” The canopy of the trees stretched above me and I tried to and comfort the mare by taking place beside her, lying against another stump which hopefully was not close enough to make her uncomfortable. I shook my soaked forelock from out of my eyes and with a gesture of my muzzle I pointed to the distressed clouds, thunder rumbling in our ears but above it I called loud enough to ensure she’d still hear me. “We are caught in the anger of a ‘Storm’. Rain falls tremendously from the sky, and thunder, that’s the growling you can hear, accompanies lightning, which is the the flashes across the sky,” I explained simply in soft tones. “But, the monsters in the sky is a much more fun way to put it,”

“I expect this to last a while,” I sighed, my great adventure ruined. I unfastened the satchels that wrapped around my forelimbs and placed them down beside me. “Do you come from the ocean?” I forwardly ask, attempting to make conversation to distract her from the monsters in the sky but also overwhelmed with curiosity by her tail and strange views on storms. “I come far, far from here but, it is a beautiful place if you’ve ever had the chance to explore,”

ooc: No problemo, sorry for late replies <3
tags: @Dyzzie

Under this pressure, under this weight
We are diamonds taking shape

Messages In This Thread
The Sky Ocean is Flooding! - by Below Zero - 10-22-2019, 08:00 PM
RE: The Sky Ocean is Flooding! - by Atlaas - 10-26-2019, 05:10 PM
RE: The Sky Ocean is Flooding! - by Below Zero - 10-30-2019, 09:47 AM
RE: The Sky Ocean is Flooding! - by Atlaas - 11-02-2019, 01:39 PM
RE: The Sky Ocean is Flooding! - by Below Zero - 11-17-2019, 01:41 PM
RE: The Sky Ocean is Flooding! - by Atlaas - 11-19-2019, 07:48 PM
RE: The Sky Ocean is Flooding! - by Below Zero - 12-07-2019, 06:34 PM