Novus
an equine & cervidae rpg
Hello, Guest!
or Register

Thank you, everyone, for a wonderful 5 years!
Novus closed 10/31/2022, after The Gentle Exodus

Private  - The Cycle of Life

Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Played by Offline Teal [PM] Posts: 22 — Threads: 5
Signos: 460
Inactive Character

Turn your magic on, to me she'd say
Everything you want's a dream away

“What are you doing?”

Ideas, eagerness, creativity whirled through his head as he routinely separated flesh from pelt, encasing Atlaas in his own little world. He wasn’t too used to company whilst working and for a few moment shock was written on his maw and he didn’t quite know what to do. So, he jumped to defence, slightly panicked tones.

“It wasn’t me who killed her!”

A tiny fae stood close to him, jaded eyes staring. But equine? Surely not. The stallion rose to his full height where for once he was not towered over. He in fact towered over her, a queer mix of deer and equine all rolled into one. Now guilt rolled in as he looked down at the half stripped doe, understanding that to the eye without the explanation, the whole situation looked a little tasteless.

His painted chest was splattered in blood and he nodded, turning on his haunches to face her directly, an awkward laugh spilling out as he blew mane from his face. “Yes, I’m a crafter, I trade my work,” He lifted a forelimb where well-made leather satchels found themselves attached to his legs through the means of two buckles fastening the pieces in place. “I made these, and you see, I was looking to make a leather poncho from a collection of differing hides,” He spoke of his craft with pride, knowing he was a worthy salesmen and trusty worker. Little in the world brought him more joy than to hone his skills and improve. His teachings had been passed down from his father, who reportedly said to be a man of leather ran in the family, and Atlaas honoured that with great pleasure.

He looked to the deer, brief sadness expressed through his features but then a shrug came as he turned back to the small female. “It seems cruel but if I didn’t take the pelt, the doe would only be savaged by vultures, at least I can create a useful piece rather than leave a bloody mess to stain these rolling hills,” His tools had been left on the ground, needing a clean but he was not done yet. A good half still needed to be carefully removed since he did not want to waste resources. “I can show you?” Then he looked slightly horror stricken, forgetting not everyone was fascinated in the ways he was. “But only if you wanted, it’s a bit…A bit gory,”

ooc: na
tags: @Callynite

Under this pressure, under this weight
We are diamonds taking shape

Messages In This Thread
The Cycle of Life - by Atlaas - 10-24-2019, 12:18 PM
RE: The Cycle of Life - by Callynite - 10-25-2019, 04:23 PM
RE: The Cycle of Life - by Atlaas - 10-26-2019, 06:59 AM
RE: The Cycle of Life - by Callynite - 10-26-2019, 11:29 AM
RE: The Cycle of Life - by Atlaas - 10-27-2019, 03:41 PM
RE: The Cycle of Life - by Callynite - 10-29-2019, 09:20 AM
RE: The Cycle of Life - by Atlaas - 10-29-2019, 05:58 PM