Novus
an equine & cervidae rpg
Hello, Guest!
or Register

Thank you, everyone, for a wonderful 5 years!
Novus closed 10/31/2022, after The Gentle Exodus

Private  - The Cycle of Life

Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Played by Offline Dyzzie [PM] Posts: 116 — Threads: 20
Signos: 40
Dawn Court Sovereign
Female [She/Her/Hers]  |  10 [Year 500 Fall]  |  14.2 hh  |  Hth: 30 — Atk: 30 — Exp: 54  |    Active Magic: Natural Energy Flow  |    Bonded: N/A

Callynite
Cally immediately felt bad for the harder edge on her town than she meant to when the stallion seemed to jump to his own defense, tone panicked, immediately trying to state it wasn't he who killed her. She was silent, watching him as he also seemed to take her in after saying it, rising to his height and forcing her to now turn her gaze upward. She figured it be best to put him out of his misery however, least he worry she'd attack him for killing a creature nature had claimed instead. The currents of energy hummed around her in agreement, "I know." She stated simply, her gaze returning to the dead doe on the ground, seeing differences between her original form and the deer of this land. "Nature has claimed this one. I'm sorry if I was snappish," She added with an awkward but sincere smile, "Her death took me by surprise, the sudden collapse of energy in the current." She explained as if her words would make as much sense to him as they did to her.

It amazed her at how quickly she was falling into synchronized living with the energy currents that wove all around her, branching off occasionally but present in distinct lines she could feel hum against her being. She turned her attention back to the male, his hide splattered in blood as he turned towards her more fully, awkwardly laughing as he explained himself as a crafter, who traded his work, indicating to the leather satchels on his limbs. Her eyes looked over them, then at him, her thoughts whirling. A leather crafter? She ran into a crafter! A smile touched her features, "You do good work, how are you in repairing split and cracked leather?" Having someone to go to after she put holes or split her satchel would be fabulous, she was struggling herself to fix anything she did - crafting wasn't her forte. Almost bad as expecting her to properly cook something - or travel with out catching her horn on SOMETHING.

He then explained about the doe, who would be savaged by vultures, stating he can at least create a useful piece from her. Cally nodded, lowering her gaze to sniff the doe. Immediately the aura surrounding her seemed to reach out to the doe, the energies giving their own silent goodbye as Cally narrowed her eyes at the energy swirling around her, "You said your goodbye already. Stop going crazy around me." She grumbled, causing the aura to spark and glimmer in easy to perceived laughter. The visible aura that surrounded her, a physical representation the energy currents had made to claim her into their folds, and now acted on a visual level with everything around her. She couldn't say she liked the parvus magic she'd gained. She resorted to her default of ignoring it and instead glanced at the male when he spoke of showing her.

Cally was no ordinary female to flinch at the sight of blood or grow queasy from gore. The daughter of a druid and a ranger, a druid herself, she was no stranger to the death of the natural world, and so instead she nodded curiously, "Sure, I was always curious how one gathered leather for materials. Though I think I'll leave the crafting of it to professionals." She stated with a smile, her inquisitive eyes returning to the merchant.

"Speech"
@Atlaas

Let's jump on the sun and ride it to tomorrow together, where everything is brighter and sure to be better.

Messages In This Thread
The Cycle of Life - by Atlaas - 10-24-2019, 12:18 PM
RE: The Cycle of Life - by Callynite - 10-25-2019, 04:23 PM
RE: The Cycle of Life - by Atlaas - 10-26-2019, 06:59 AM
RE: The Cycle of Life - by Callynite - 10-26-2019, 11:29 AM
RE: The Cycle of Life - by Atlaas - 10-27-2019, 03:41 PM
RE: The Cycle of Life - by Callynite - 10-29-2019, 09:20 AM
RE: The Cycle of Life - by Atlaas - 10-29-2019, 05:58 PM
RE: The Cycle of Life - by Callynite - 10-30-2019, 09:33 AM
RE: The Cycle of Life - by Atlaas - 11-02-2019, 07:26 PM
RE: The Cycle of Life - by Callynite - 11-17-2019, 07:25 PM
RE: The Cycle of Life - by Atlaas - 11-19-2019, 07:16 PM