Novus
an equine & cervidae rpg
Hello, Guest!
or Register

Thank you, everyone, for a wonderful 5 years!
Novus closed 10/31/2022, after The Gentle Exodus

Private  - The Cycle of Life

Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Played by Offline Teal [PM] Posts: 22 — Threads: 5
Signos: 460
Inactive Character

Turn your magic on, to me she'd say
Everything you want's a dream away

I liked to watch the world spin.

Spring was by far the most luxurious season of the year, rich with life brimming the world to discover untold identities, complementing the nature around to begin the telling of marvellous stories. Mouse and lion alike, we all rode the same pence that kept our world ticking, a symphony of heartbreak and triumphs that all embraced us with a luscious welcome. Death, below at my hooves, was just a small part of the cycle that concluded the tale of yet another fulfilled life. If I had known the doe had suffered misery, I would have whisper great tales to her in her last moments to remind her that all was not in vain. I smiled to her, soft and gentle. “Don’t worry, you were not snappish I was just a bit…taken by surprise,”

I brought my leg back down and continue with a gentle nod. “Depending on the severity of the damage, I can see what I can do,” Though I much preferred to craft and repair the works of my own, I was never beyond repairing the craft of another if wished. I lay my heart on my sleeve and offered without reluctance, keen in fact, to help another out and then she spoke again, but amongst my soft smile confusion sprung in my features and I cocked my head to one side. “Friends…?” Unsure of how to continue with that, debating if perhaps she heard spirits or something along those lines.

“I’ll show you,” I carefully repositioned so she could see, and lowered myself to my blood splattered knees softly. “I apologise in advance, if any blood gets upon you,” Brandishing my curved blade, my horns tugged at the skin to flip the fold back and from there, I was able to use my muzzle as the knife drove between skin and flesh. With years of practice, I managed to make the manoeuvre look smooth but in fact the separating was tough, sweaty work. Nor was I used to an audience. The pressure doubled. But, cool and calm I managed to slice the skin away without damage and soon the entire pelt came free in a sheet and I sighed, happy with my work.

“There,” I conclude, fastening my bloodied blame within my satchel and holding up the perfectly cut skin. “Now I must simply preserve the leather in a salt bath before draining it of moister, tanning and dying the colour if I wish, and then it shall be ready to craft,” Satisfied and proud, I gently lay the piece over my back, hoping my little lesson had be pleasing to her.

ooc: i hope you don't mind me switching to 1st!
tags: @Callynite

Under this pressure, under this weight
We are diamonds taking shape

Messages In This Thread
The Cycle of Life - by Atlaas - 10-24-2019, 12:18 PM
RE: The Cycle of Life - by Callynite - 10-25-2019, 04:23 PM
RE: The Cycle of Life - by Atlaas - 10-26-2019, 06:59 AM
RE: The Cycle of Life - by Callynite - 10-26-2019, 11:29 AM
RE: The Cycle of Life - by Atlaas - 10-27-2019, 03:41 PM
RE: The Cycle of Life - by Callynite - 10-29-2019, 09:20 AM
RE: The Cycle of Life - by Atlaas - 10-29-2019, 05:58 PM
RE: The Cycle of Life - by Callynite - 10-30-2019, 09:33 AM