Novus
an equine & cervidae rpg
Hello, Guest!
or Register

Thank you, everyone, for a wonderful 5 years!
Novus closed 10/31/2022, after The Gentle Exodus

Private  - The Cycle of Life

Users browsing this thread: 2 Guest(s)

Played by Offline Dyzzie [PM] Posts: 116 — Threads: 20
Signos: 40
Dawn Court Sovereign
Female [She/Her/Hers]  |  10 [Year 500 Fall]  |  14.2 hh  |  Hth: 30 — Atk: 30 — Exp: 54  |    Active Magic: Natural Energy Flow  |    Bonded: N/A

Callynite
The doe tilted her head as she observed the stranger by the half skinned deer who was growing colder my the moment. No longer did she feel the soft pulse of energy that signified an active current. She returned his smile, however, as he reassured that she hadn't been snappish, he had merely been taken by surprise. The little hybrid had to grin at that, the edge of it curling into something like an amused smirk, "Considering how quick you were to claim you hadn't been the one to kill the doe, I'd assume it's not the first time you've been accused of such?" She asked, tilting her head as her forelock fell around the tiny doe horns, and straight unicorn horn atop her head.

He then admitted to being able to do what he could - depending on severity of damage, and Cally's eyes seemed to shine in relief, "Oh goodness, am I glad to have run into you then! I explore so much I have tendencies to put holes in my satchel, rips in my cloak, basically - if I can manage to break it, it's likely successfully broken." She admitted, nodding to the satchel at her side that had a few ugly stitches she'd been forced to do during a quick touch up to keep it from ripping open when exploring one adventure or so ago. Of course, his smile turned confused when she spoke again - she not realizing she'd growled at the aura around her until she heard his words.

She paused, glancing at him, and as if in response to the quarry, the aura that hung around her lifted up - Cally could almost feel it's curiosity, "Uhm, something like that. My magic allows me to connect with the natural energies around us - it's how I knew the doe was here, the currents were using her to show me how different times in life feel." She spoke awkwardly, hesitantly even as she attempted to properly explain it all before finally shrugging, "It's a touch hard to explain." She admitted, surpressing the urge to glare at the aura that was once more sparking and glittering in laughter at her.

He had agreed to show her what he was doing, however, and at his caution, she carefully took a step back out of what she hoped was splattering range. He tugged the skin back from where he'd been cutting it before - and his knife drove between skin and flesh, carefully severing the ties between the two. She was quiet as she watched, surprised by how smooth the action appeared, even as she could see the struggle of the muscle and tendons to hold on to their coverings. As the pelt pulled free, falling like a sheet of hide and fur, she turned her attention back to him as the blade was put, and he lifted the skin up - explaining a process of preserving the leather in a salt bath, and then tanning and then dying it as necessary.

The doe's eyes were glittering with the information she'd gleamed, "It's definitely not something I'd be able to properly do, but it sounds like quite the process! And you're planning to make a multi-hide cloak with this - right? What other hides?" She asked curiously before glancing back down at the skinned doe, and feeling a slight push by the currents. She smiled sadly as she lowered her head towards the creature, "Are you done with her then?" When he was, she'd return the doe to the earth and the currents, so even in death she can be with the energies.

"Speech"
@Atlaas

Let's jump on the sun and ride it to tomorrow together, where everything is brighter and sure to be better.

Messages In This Thread
The Cycle of Life - by Atlaas - 10-24-2019, 12:18 PM
RE: The Cycle of Life - by Callynite - 10-25-2019, 04:23 PM
RE: The Cycle of Life - by Atlaas - 10-26-2019, 06:59 AM
RE: The Cycle of Life - by Callynite - 10-26-2019, 11:29 AM
RE: The Cycle of Life - by Atlaas - 10-27-2019, 03:41 PM
RE: The Cycle of Life - by Callynite - 10-29-2019, 09:20 AM
RE: The Cycle of Life - by Atlaas - 10-29-2019, 05:58 PM
RE: The Cycle of Life - by Callynite - 10-30-2019, 09:33 AM
RE: The Cycle of Life - by Atlaas - 11-02-2019, 07:26 PM
RE: The Cycle of Life - by Callynite - 11-17-2019, 07:25 PM
RE: The Cycle of Life - by Atlaas - 11-19-2019, 07:16 PM