Novus
an equine & cervidae rpg
Hello, Guest!
or Register

Thank you, everyone, for a wonderful 5 years!
Novus closed 10/31/2022, after The Gentle Exodus

Private  - The Cycle of Life

Users browsing this thread: 2 Guest(s)

Played by Offline Dyzzie [PM] Posts: 116 — Threads: 20
Signos: 40
Dawn Court Sovereign
Female [She/Her/Hers]  |  10 [Year 500 Fall]  |  14.2 hh  |  Hth: 30 — Atk: 30 — Exp: 54  |    Active Magic: Natural Energy Flow  |    Bonded: N/A

Callynite
The thrill-seeking doe tilted her head, eyes eager to hear the words that may come from his muzzle when he simply answered with a Oh, many, she didn't have to wait long before her dual set of ears pitched forward to capture the words, the places that sprung from his lips. Deserts, seas, mountains, forests - he didn't know where to begin. Her eyes were positively dancing with all of the possibilities, all the different things she might one day see in this place. It was like the promise from the Gods, the first good promise they'd made to her. A whispered reassurance. We took you from your home, but you have a new world to explore now. Her magic flared into her chest, reminding her that she'd also been fighting for her place and her birth right since coming to this land. The search, the actions she had to undergo to unlock her trapped magic had been a hard and lonely time before it'd been released and she was whole again.

She forced those thoughts away, her gaze turning back to Atlaas as he spoke again, and the doe had to snort in denial, "You could talk about your travels all day, and I'd eagerly listen, providing that you supplied me with directions to get there as well. Maps are preferred of course." Her eyes sparkled eagerly, as if sensing the adventure on the horizon, "I have yet to venture far beyond the immediate lands around Novus, but I hope to one day explore the entirety of this world, like I had my homeworld." The half deer, half equine spoke eagerly, and a touch determined.

When he spoke of a trip ruined by weather the little doe had to laugh with a nod, "Mother Nature has a way of leading us away from where we're not yet ready for. Be it by predator, or natural event." Her attention turned to the carcass than, a sister dead upon the ground - and yet also not a sister. Cally could see the difference between her own deer-like appearance and what the deer of this world looked like. Similar, yet different enough to mark her as partially equine. Her ears flattened sadly as the doe horns poked through her mane, her head arching towards the creature as she gave the creature burial rites and returned her to the earth - to the flow.

Deep within, where she stood in those currents, the energy flow that arched through the natural world, she could feel the current surround the creature where she laid, zapping the last of that energy, that natural energy back into the flow, into the lines. She smiled, knowing the doe would be at peace now, that the doe had finished her cycle in the circle of life. She'd returned from where she came, her body to the earth, her soul into the current. Her energy would live on, her spirit free to the beyond. She would continue to fuel the earth even in death.

He spoke, and the doe turned towards him when he thanked her, calling it special to watch. Her gaze turned back to the earth, as the energy that clung to her pelt seemed to lean over her shoulders to stare at the ground as well, "It's what she deserved, to return to the currents." She stated after a moment as the magic that she'd called forth once more settled into her being, before she glanced at him with a smile, "It's a duty I take proudly, to serve the energies of the earth." She wasn't a true druid anymore - no, she'd become something more as this world had taken her original abilities and given her a deeper purpose. The current rose up, and the energy around her, the green glow that clung to her pelt seemed to wrap her in its' own possessive hug. The Energy Lines had taken her, had pulled her into their folds, and she'd never felt more welcome in Novus. She'd never felt so sure, she'd never felt so much like herself since she had left her home and walked through that portal. The current was hers, just as much as she belonged to it.

"Speech"
@Atlaas

Let's jump on the sun and ride it to tomorrow together, where everything is brighter and sure to be better.

Messages In This Thread
The Cycle of Life - by Atlaas - 10-24-2019, 12:18 PM
RE: The Cycle of Life - by Callynite - 10-25-2019, 04:23 PM
RE: The Cycle of Life - by Atlaas - 10-26-2019, 06:59 AM
RE: The Cycle of Life - by Callynite - 10-26-2019, 11:29 AM
RE: The Cycle of Life - by Atlaas - 10-27-2019, 03:41 PM
RE: The Cycle of Life - by Callynite - 10-29-2019, 09:20 AM
RE: The Cycle of Life - by Atlaas - 10-29-2019, 05:58 PM
RE: The Cycle of Life - by Callynite - 10-30-2019, 09:33 AM
RE: The Cycle of Life - by Atlaas - 11-02-2019, 07:26 PM
RE: The Cycle of Life - by Callynite - 11-17-2019, 07:25 PM
RE: The Cycle of Life - by Atlaas - 11-19-2019, 07:16 PM