Novus
an equine & cervidae rpg
Hello, Guest!
or Register

Thank you, everyone, for a wonderful 5 years!
Novus closed 10/31/2022, after The Gentle Exodus

Private  - silver & gold [midwinter festival]

Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Played by [PM] Posts: N/A — Threads:
Corrdelia

strangeness and
charm
With the change of the seasons came Terrastella's own way of celebration. As Corrdelia walks the halls of the citadel, she remembers the last gathering they had. The painting of The Tower is still pinned to a wall back home, but she's thankful it seems what it prophesized has since passed (both Raum's reign and the volcanic chaos of the island).

Although there are still pieces missing from their court, now is a time of celebration. To gather and remember why they are here and to just smile. Their Court has spent too long mourning and now it's time to remember what it's like to dance.

Before Corr makes her way to the dance hall, she comes upon the great fir tree set inside the citadel. It towers over her, perhaps even over the tallest draft horse, but it's absolutely beautiful. Whoever picked it out had a good eye. The smell of pine sap is strong here and she takes in a deep breath to enjoy it. There are others gathered around, picking from a pile of shiny and delicate ornaments to hang on its branches. There are the typical holiday colors- red, green, silver, gold, but it's a pile of pinecones that catches her eye. They are dusted almost as if they have silver snow on them and she picks one of them up immediately to place on a branch. It sits next to a large sand dollar and a smile tugs at her lips. In her mind, it's a small way of remembering the three that are missing today, but especially Asterion who wielded the power of the sea.

Another woman comes up next to her, eyeing the collection of ornaments. Red roses are woven into her hair and a dark red horn points out from her forehead. She is a gorgeous unicorn that does not look familiar to Corr and does not seem to smell like Dusk.

"Why, hello there, dear! Come to see the festivities of Terrastella?" she asks, offering a warm smile to the woman. "This tree is magnificent, I can't wait to get some more pretty ornaments up and really make it light up!" She looks back to the tree again; it's already looking better as more add to its decorations.

Hāsta, who had been perched on a lantern, flies down to land on Corr's shoulder. She looks at the woman with uncertainty. "My name is Corrdelia Maude, this is my companion, Hāsta. And you are?"

@Katerina <3
"Speaking."
credits

Played by Offline RB [PM] Posts: 12 — Threads: 2
Signos: 85
Inactive Character

but I'm singing like a bird about it now

The lights, the sounds, the decorations: it’s beautiful, but well, it’s all too much.

Most of Katerina’s time—most of her life, even, up until now—is spent in the quiet solitude of Delumine’s library. Even at its busiest, it is nearly always silent. People have the good sense to whisper when they talk. They’re careful to flip their pages at a sensible rate. The library helpers, especially, have found their talent in working their jobs without making a sound, shelving books and padding down the halls on the lightest, most silent feet known to man.

So this is… different, to say the least. Katerina was not sure what to expect. She’s still not even sure why she decided to come. But here she is, good idea or not, and Terrastella’s court has exploded into a glorious display of life. 

Everywhere she looks, there is something to be awed by. The sheer volume of the crowds, which dance and split around her only to reconvene; piles of gifts wrapped in satin and patterned paper, tied up with bows; bands and soloists both play cheerful, chirpy, bell-accentuated tunes in different places around the citadel, but Katerina’s eyes are drawn to the pine tree in the middle of the room.

She stands directly underneath it, gazing up, and still cannot find the top. The entire room is filled with the smell of pine sap, and green, leafy needles frost the tiled floor. Around her, Terrastellans bow its branches with ornaments in every possible size, shape, and color; as she watches, someone hooks a large, silver-dusted pinecone on a low branch, and Katerina looks over just as the woman begins to speak. 

This stranger, whoever she is, is friendlier than Katerina could ever hope to be. Her coat is dappled with gray, like bubbles rising to the surface of the lake, and the huge, dark wings held at her side almost perfectly match the wings of the crow who flies down to roost on her shoulder, introduced only a moment later as Hasta. 

The Deluminian blinks, as if in surprise. A heartbeat passes as she watches the mare and her companion. It takes a moment to respond, but after an inhale Katerina seems to come awake again; she flashes a reserved smile at her new acquaintance. “I’m Katerina. From Delumine. I suppose I am here for the festivities, but I… hardly know where to start.”

Again Katerina falls silent. Her ice-blue eyes turn up, up, up to the place where the pine tree almost brushes the vaulted ceiling of the citadel. In every inch of the tree there is something new to be fascinated by—wreaths of flowers, animals made of blown glass, ornaments covered in real silver and gold.

She has never seen anything so opulent.

"Speaking."
credits

Played by [PM] Posts: N/A — Threads:
Corrdelia

strangeness and
charm
This one is not a talker like Corr, but that's okay. She's used to those who are more introverted. Sometimes she even gets them to come out of their shells. Whether or not that will be the case with Katerina is unclear. For now, the crow witch remains friendly and tries her best to project that off onto the woman with her magic (or what little there is of it).

The rose woman is from Delumine and Corr's ears perk up. "Hey, I was just there not too long ago! A beautiful land, your Delumine. Your library is especially breathtaking. I wish we had something like it here- I would probably never leave it," she rambles, thinking back to the short time she was able to spend there. She remembers too their Warden in his adorable glasses and hard-to-read demeanor. Those she's met so far from the Dawn Court have certainly been quirky.

There is another thing that Katerina mentions- not knowing where to start. It sure is a conundrum and one Corr can understand. The tree is massive and so is the collection of ornaments and trinkets to put on its branches. She laughs.

"Well, that's the beauty of it. There's no right or wrong way to it! Just pick up something that speaks to you, or just looks pretty, and place it wherever your heart desires." She then moves back to the pile and looks around for a moment before her eyes lock on a shiny red orb of an ornament. She picks it up and happily hands it over to Katerina.

"It matches your colors! Go ahead, take it and put it where you think it'll look nice." She tries to be encouraging in hopes that the mare will give it a shot.

@Katerina <3
"Speaking."
credits