Novus
an equine & cervidae rpg
Hello, Guest!
or Register

Thank you, everyone, for a wonderful 5 years!
Novus closed 10/31/2022, after The Gentle Exodus

All Welcome  - bring me the horizon

Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Played by [PM] Posts: N/A — Threads:
Lucinda

Her flirting is nothing more than a ruse, but it's entertaining. While she never goes much further than talk, the attention is flattering. He compliments her and if only he knew her history. Some days she misses standing atop the throne and looking down at her people and her land. Having all the authority to make decisions is something she misses at times. Unfortunately, back then she had been too naive to look for the signs of those working against her. Thus, the throne had been lost.

The man explains the shifters he knew were heavily hunted and executed. It seems like such a waste. Whoever sought them out clearly was a coward and had no real ambition. If they were smart, they'd use those with the abilities to their advantage rather than destroy them.

Thaeron. A fitting name to such a man, she thinks. Her gesture to follow did not get ignored and he quickly catches up to walk on by her side. Lucinda smiles.

As they move forward, the scenery does not seem to change. The desert goes for miles, but she starts to notice the blood spatters become more evident. Then suddenly, a loud screeching noise breaks the silence ahead. A large silhouette of a creature rises into the sky and she can tell immediately from the shape of its wings - a dragon.

Lu looks to Thaeron quickly, her eyes glowing a brilliant green. "Let's go!" she shouts over the dragon's cries and, without hesitation, picks up into a canter straight towards the dragon.

When they are closer, she realizes that there are two dragons, each about seven feet long and about as tall as her. One is on the ground looking badly wounded, likely the source of the blood spatters, and the other is hovering in the sky above. It looks down on the wounded dragon with hunger in its eyes and it roars, the sharp white teeth in its mouth glistening like daggers. Suddenly, it swoops down and attacks the other dragon like a savage, the weaker one crying out in pain. There is a quick flash of purple from the wounded creature's scales and Lu stumbles, feeling a sharp pain in her side just as the dragon from the sky bites down on the other.

No. It can't be.

The wounded dragon is wrapped in thick metal chains. Its eyes are the same brilliant green as Lucinda's and it cries out, searching for someone. For her.

It's Abraxia.

Immediately she grabs her staff and lunges at the dragon on top of Abraxia. She uses her front legs to push into it and her wings help her glide through the air to successfully push the dragon off and onto the ground. For a moment, she forgets Thaeron is with her and is completely focused on protecting her dragon.

Unfortunately, it seems to be much stronger than her as it immediately gets up and knocks Lu to the ground. She attempts to use her staff to hit it in the face, but she misses as it takes to the sky again, roaring more angrily than before. Lu looks at Thaeron now, hopeful.

"Now might be a good time to use that weapon of yours!" she shouts, eyeing the blade she had been admiring earlier. It surely saw much worse battles, but he must carry it for a reason.

Nearby, Abraxia cries out as she's weighed down by the chains attached to her feet. Lu starts to move to be by her side when she hears another roar. When she looks up, the other dragon is flying straight towards her, mouth wide open.

@Thaeron time for a white knight moment :D
"Speaking."
Art by Rhiaan ; Table by Layla

Messages In This Thread
bring me the horizon - by Lucinda - 10-26-2019, 10:03 PM
RE: bring me the horizon - by Thaeron - 11-03-2019, 06:55 AM
RE: bring me the horizon - by Lucinda - 11-05-2019, 11:14 PM
RE: bring me the horizon - by Thaeron - 12-03-2019, 11:18 AM
RE: bring me the horizon - by Lucinda - 12-06-2019, 12:15 AM
RE: bring me the horizon - by Thaeron - 12-11-2019, 10:00 AM
RE: bring me the horizon - by Lucinda - 12-15-2019, 11:04 PM
RE: bring me the horizon - by Thaeron - 01-02-2020, 08:48 AM