Novus
an equine & cervidae rpg
Hello, Guest!
or Register

Thank you, everyone, for a wonderful 5 years!
Novus closed 10/31/2022, after The Gentle Exodus

All Welcome  - bring me the horizon

Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Played by [PM] Posts: N/A — Threads:
Lucinda

It angers her to be a damsel in distress. Before she even has a chance to react to the dragon lunging at her, Thaeron swoops in to fight it off. Lucinda narrows her eyes, despite the damage he's managing to cause on the dragon with both his horn and weapon. She wanted him to fight with her, not take her place in the fight.

Unfortunately, there is no point at which she has much chance to join in as the two are entangled together. The dragon roars in anger and agony while Thaeron is aiming his horn and his hammer is swinging in the air looking for bones to break. The mare decides to take this chance to try and relieve Abraxia of her chains. The dragon appears to be smaller than Lucinda remembers her and wonders if the metal is enchanted somehow. Unfortunately it appears they are tightly clipped on a collar around her neck, so she may need Thaeron's weapon to break it off. She clenches her jaw in irritation, so desperately wanting to set Abraxia free at last. She wanted to see her companion fly up into the sky with her massive wings covering the sun as they used to. In this case, her wings may not be quite as magnificent, but it would still be a sight worth seeing. She deserved to be free after all she must have gone through.

A cry of pain echoes through the air after all of the thudding and roaring. It sounds different from the dragon's and it makes Lucinda quickly turn around. The dragon has a good grip on the stallion's leg, who appears to be in great distress. He sinks into the sand and for a moment, she only just watches with slight disappointment. Until the hammer makes one final swing and the dragon is silenced by death.

She is no healer, but she approaches the man to inspect his leg. "Can you move it?" she asks, noticing the great amount of blood that is spilling out from the wound. Abraxia comes up behind Lu, her chains still dragging in the sand. She nudges the stallion with concern, her eyes heavy. Lu pets her dragon's cheek with the tip of her wing.

"I'm not sure how weak she is, but if we can get these chains off her, she may be able to help me carry you back to a healer I know," she offers, then looks at her dragon with a bit of disbelief. She can feel the mental link between them again- that invisible bond that is hard to explain. Never did she think they would be reunited. Not after the great battles in The Moors. There had been so much bloodshed- equines and dragons alike. She had been so sure that Abraxia had perished in the fight or would be the traitors' prisoner. The chains might've been theirs and she managed to finally escape.

What's hard for Lucinda is to show her appreciation for the man's actions. He acted like a knight in shining armor, but she had intended for them both to fight. She is not the type of woman to let others battle for her since she's more than capable. This time though, she knows she should say something because of how important Abraxia means to her.

"Thank you," she finally manages to say, her voice a bit quieter. "This is Abraxia. We are bonded." It surprises her that she decides to confide this information to him, but she decides he deserves it after holding up his promise to fight. Now hopefully, they might be able to get the chains of the dragon and get him to a better place than the endless sands of the desert.

@Thaeron <3
"Speaking."
Art by Rhiaan ; Table by Layla

Messages In This Thread
bring me the horizon - by Lucinda - 10-26-2019, 10:03 PM
RE: bring me the horizon - by Thaeron - 11-03-2019, 06:55 AM
RE: bring me the horizon - by Lucinda - 11-05-2019, 11:14 PM
RE: bring me the horizon - by Thaeron - 12-03-2019, 11:18 AM
RE: bring me the horizon - by Lucinda - 12-06-2019, 12:15 AM
RE: bring me the horizon - by Thaeron - 12-11-2019, 10:00 AM
RE: bring me the horizon - by Lucinda - 12-15-2019, 11:04 PM
RE: bring me the horizon - by Thaeron - 01-02-2020, 08:48 AM