Novus
an equine & cervidae rpg
Hello, Guest!
or Register

Thank you, everyone, for a wonderful 5 years!
Novus closed 10/31/2022, after The Gentle Exodus

Private  - [FALL] aftermath

Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Played by [PM] Posts: N/A — Threads:
Sirius

The starlight and the darkness turn her grey, dark-grey-splashed-with-lighter-grey and eyes that are sharp, voice that is flat. She studies him the same way that he studies her, and Sirius almost doesn’t notice the way she seems to look through him, suspicion creating an edge along her face,

He blinks. And for a heartbeat too long, he is silent. Above them he can hear the stars whispering over them, filling in all the gaps between their words, too quiet for him to make out. But their meaning is clear nonetheless.

“Sirius,” he echoes, as if he has not already told her. His eyes are moon-bright as he looks at her, far too solemn for the boyish tremors in his voice. “I am Sirius.” This time he gets the order of the words right - but they still taste wrong on his tongue, a foreign language that he doesn’t yet understand.

The boy follows after her silently, taking the pathway that opens up to their right. The rubies and diamonds are sharp beneath them, digging into the undersides of his hooves. His wings itch, flaring to either side of him; the sky is tempting, and for a moment he wonders how all these gemstones and cold, once-corn-not-metal-stalks might look from above.

But Sirius has never been to the center of the maze before - and he knows flying would only ruin the surprise of the maze.

For a while he tries to be quiet. There’s something about the mare that demands it, even without her requesting it. And for the first few steps, he succeeds.

But the stars grow louder and louder, unbearably so, their questions drumming a beat for themselves across the inside of his skull, until he can’t contain them to himself any longer -

“Is this-“ he searches for the right word, as he grazes his muzzle along the side of a long-stemmed plant. It bends beneath his touch, shivering under the moonlight, cool and smooth and lovely. “-Magic?” The vowels are all wrong, too high and too low so that they sound like a different word entirely (my-geek?).

hearts are breaking
wars are raging on
you’ve got me nervous
i’m at the end of my rope
hey, man, we can’t all be like you

i wish we were all rose-colored too
my rose-colored boy

@morrighan ! notes

Messages In This Thread
[FALL] aftermath - by Morrighan - 11-11-2019, 10:42 PM
RE: [FALL] aftermath - by Sirius - 12-09-2019, 01:13 PM
RE: [FALL] aftermath - by Morrighan - 12-14-2019, 02:57 PM