Novus
an equine & cervidae rpg
Hello, Guest!
or Register

Thank you, everyone, for a wonderful 5 years!
Novus closed 10/31/2022, after The Gentle Exodus

Private  - Medical Friends - Caelum

Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Played by Offline Dyzzie [PM] Posts: 132 — Threads: 23
Signos: 6,637
Night Court Medic
Female [She/Her/Hers/We]  |  Immortal [Year 497 Spring]  |  15 hh  |  Hth: 32 — Atk: 28 — Exp: 70  |    Active Magic: Breath of Life  |    Bonded: Tiana (Soul-Spirit)

Caelum
"the sharp knife of a short life
i've had just enough time"
An introduction lends to a story.

There is much to be said in how someone introduces themselves, just as there's a lot to be said in how someone responds. Lets look at Caelum first, introducing herself with a full name that includes a surname. It speaks of manners to introduce yourself, but to also be aware that no one will use her full name, and offering which of the names she prefers, but not forcing the shortening to a desired method. Cae has heard it all, and the few names not allowed to be used were rare and far between. Of course, allowing anyone else to use Princess as a nickname would be met with a fire breathing dragon refusing to every allow anyone else to use her title as a term of endearment. That was special for just her Dark Knight, and now that Tremaine was gone, she'd never allow it as a nickname again.

Some things were sacred.

Now, for Polar North you have a less standard greeting of those with long names - giving the full followed by a preferred nickname, rather than introducing themselves with the nickname. A need to hold onto her roots perhaps, a memory she is keeping alive, even if she's reinvented herself into the nickname. Her compliment to Caelum's name spoke of good upraising as well, and Caelum couldn't help but smile faintly, "It's tradition in my family . . . to use the latin names. Mine means Beautiful Sky, oddly enough - a reference to my pelt color." She explained before tilting her head when the other spoke of old injuries against the cold. Caelum's frown deepened at the sight of shivering, and the obvious attempt to tuck her tail out of the cold wind, "Can I get you anything for the pain? Spinach Leaf is supposed to help with pain, especially as it can counter old joints that are susceptible to the cold - it might work for old injuries as well?" She offered with distinct concern.

She always had to help.

At least she limited herself to medicine now. After the loss of her son and Calico, never again would she give her whole self over to a cause like that again. But healing and helping to heal the injured, she could do that. It appears that she had found a companion of Denocte as well, however, and Caelum smiled faintly, even as she was concerned at the thought of the female not having a home since she had the incident with her tail. The wound looked very old, thoroughly healed with scaring that had softened with age and use, so they would pull less. She had to have been a foal when it happened, and no home for so long, "I am finding that Denocte is very welcoming, I think you'll find a home here well." She assured with a warm smile, "And now you know me as well, and I have a tendency to mother those around me." How often had he complained about that - that she mothered him worse than his own mother had. He'd always flashed her that flirty smirk when he had teased her about it too.

She missed that smirk.

She turned her attention fully back to Pol, and returned her attention to her tail, "Seriously though, is there anything I can get you for your tail, to help at all? I'm a medic, so I'd be happy to help in any way I can." She added with deep rooted concern, and being able to use a title - medic - again too was a relief as well, one she hadn't realized she would miss.

It wasn't Princess anymore.

"Speech"
Thoughts

@Polar North

Messages In This Thread
Medical Friends - Caelum - by Polar North - 11-24-2019, 07:37 PM
RE: Medical Friends - Caelum - by Caelum - 12-06-2019, 02:41 PM
RE: Medical Friends - Caelum - by Polar North - 12-09-2019, 07:50 PM
RE: Medical Friends - Caelum - by Caelum - 02-09-2020, 12:31 AM
RE: Medical Friends - Caelum - by Polar North - 02-09-2020, 04:25 PM
RE: Medical Friends - Caelum - by Caelum - 02-10-2020, 12:20 AM
RE: Medical Friends - Caelum - by Polar North - 02-12-2020, 05:39 PM