Novus
an equine & cervidae rpg
Hello, Guest!
or Register

Thank you, everyone, for a wonderful 5 years!
Novus closed 10/31/2022, after The Gentle Exodus

All Welcome  - the light that remains

Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Played by [PM] Posts: N/A — Threads:
Morrighan

am i beautiful
as i tear you to pieces?
As Antiope tells the story, Morrighan tries to imagine what a massive gate would look like here. In this large space and with this much rubble, it had to have been monumental. In a way, it's a shame it had been destroyed. She could see it being a grand entryway for Denocte (and better than a pile of rocks).

When the woman mentions how the Court used to be in isolation under the old regime, it's surprising. Given how busy it always seems to be in the markets, she can't imagine how Denocte would be closed off from the rest of the world. Maybe in some way it would be quieter, but Morr knows she'd get sick of it after a while.

"They sound like a coward," she mutters, feeling curious to know more about the old regime. Maybe there had been another war or some other disaster that made them so scared, they figured hiding away would be better. She feels even more thankful for Isra taking up leadership and putting an end to that.

But destroying the gate didn't seem very necessary. "Why didn't they just… open the gate? Why destroy it?" It's not so much that she's sad about the loss of a monument, but it seems a little pointless. Maybe it had been for the sake of destruction and the symbolism of it, which she can partially understand. Causing destruction tends to be good entertainment for her after all.

Morrighan follows Antiope's gaze back over the moss covered ruins. "I can't imagine being trapped here against my will. I would instantly riot," she adds, thinking of how she'd storm to the Court's keep with an angry mob behind her. She wouldn't be able to stand for a cowardly regime. It would just make the Court look weak and vulnerable.

@Antiope <3
“Speaking.”
credits

Messages In This Thread
the light that remains - by Antiope - 11-26-2019, 04:05 PM
RE: the light that remains - by Morrighan - 11-26-2019, 05:15 PM
RE: the light that remains - by Antiope - 11-28-2019, 01:39 PM
RE: the light that remains - by Morrighan - 11-28-2019, 11:17 PM
RE: the light that remains - by Antiope - 12-02-2019, 06:38 PM
RE: the light that remains - by Morrighan - 12-04-2019, 10:36 PM
RE: the light that remains - by Antiope - 12-12-2019, 11:22 AM
RE: the light that remains - by Morrighan - 12-14-2019, 10:50 PM