Novus
an equine & cervidae rpg
Hello, Guest!
or Register

Thank you, everyone, for a wonderful 5 years!
Novus closed 10/31/2022, after The Gentle Exodus

All Welcome  - the light that remains

Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Played by Offline Kat [PM] Posts: 146 — Threads: 25
Signos: 77
Vagabond Battlemage
Female [She/Her/Hers]  |  Immortal [Year 498 Spring]  |  15.2 hh  |  Hth: 28 — Atk: 32 — Exp: 53  |    Active Magic: Energy Transference  |    Bonded: Fylax (Gryphon)

Antiope
the voice begins to call you while you hunger
a taste of destiny you're searching for

“It’s hard to say,” Antiope turns her gaze away from Morrighan, away from the mountains, toward where she knows the court lies far in the distance. She can’t see it from here, but the Regent knows its there, overlooking the sea, on the shoulders of the prairie. “Perhaps they thought they were doing what was right for their people.” Maybe they were afraid, or threatened, or angry

“Or perhaps they were just protecting themselves,” she says, but it is hard to say. With none of the regime remaining in Novus, nobody can possibly know what they were thinking—they can only guess, based on the word of those who had been there, the stories of what the regime had been through and been like, and history. History does, often, have a way of repeating itself.

When Morrighan wonders as to why the gate was destroyed, Antiope again finds herself without firm answers. It’s not as though someone had written all of this down somewhere for others to read and research, she had simply come across the information by getting to know the people and asking them more about the place which she calls home.

Some are more forthcoming than others, as always. Some more trusting, more open. Some, afraid that past mistakes might happen again, felt the need to warn her against the actions of past regimes. “To stop it from ever being closed again?” Antiope responds at last. It’s the only option that makes sense to her. Without a gate, Denocte can never be isolated from Novus against its will.

She can’t help the smile that turns up the corner of her lips at the Warden’s comment about rioting in response to being held against her will. “I’ve no doubt that you would,” her sapphire eyes gleam in the light as she turns back to the other woman, “I’d like to think that I would find a way to leave if I so desired, or to do what is best for everyone around me.”

"Speaking."
| @Morrighan

[Image: 13716916_Rc8f5hGvZkB3cYP.png]
a war is calling
the tides are turned

Messages In This Thread
the light that remains - by Antiope - 11-26-2019, 04:05 PM
RE: the light that remains - by Morrighan - 11-26-2019, 05:15 PM
RE: the light that remains - by Antiope - 11-28-2019, 01:39 PM
RE: the light that remains - by Morrighan - 11-28-2019, 11:17 PM
RE: the light that remains - by Antiope - 12-02-2019, 06:38 PM
RE: the light that remains - by Morrighan - 12-04-2019, 10:36 PM