Novus
Hello, Guest! Register

OOC  - Year 504 Winter - Spotlight ANNOUNCEMENTS!

Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Played by Offline inkbone [PM] Posts: 67 — Threads: 0
Signos: 3,650
Administrator

SPOTLIGHT ANNOUNCEMENTS!
All prizes have been distributed!

Congratulate @Sarkan on winning Character of the Season!

First can we just say how happy we are to have @griffin back writing with us?! And of course she has to absolutely wow us with her new character - Sarkan is such a good bad guy, and he’s brought a whole new side to the poaching plot going on in Dawn Court. He’s absolutely perfect and a delight to read, and if you haven’t been stalking him yet we totally suggest you start.

Congratulate @Cannon on winning Member of the Season!

Cannon has been one of Novus’ driving forces this season. She's really thrown herself into the world of Novus both IC and OOC, and her characters are so diverse! We’ve loved seeing the new characters she’s created this season, especially after having just Michael for so long (although we love him, and his hair, too!). We’re so happy to have you as a part of the Novus family, Cannon. <3

Congratulate @Boudika and @Tenebrae on winning Pair of the Season!

First off their first thread was amazing, and now they’re trying to woo us with a second. There’s so much tension in their writing together, and we are all eyes waiting to see where this leads.

Congratulate @Orestes and @Marisol on "the dark won’t hide you" winning Thread of the Season!

Two words: that kiss.
Just kidding we have more words, this whole thread featured some of RB’s and Syndicate’s best writing (in our opinion) - they play off of each other so well. Plus that kiss was obviously a fan favorite and lead to some really good novus memes and gifs being shared in the discord, so how could we not nominate it?

Congratulate @Messalina on winning Quote of the Season!

From the lilacs never wilt — "Her voice is almost lost before she reaches the end of her sentence. But she does not hurry to find it.
She has lost many things already."

We think kat put it perfectly, so we’re going to just quote her here as well: “This quote is sad and poignant, especially punctuating the end of a post in which Messa is internally going over all of the mistakes she has made with Po. And it just makes you wonder, what else is she going to lose? Messa claims in her posts that she is often cold, but her posts are truly, rarely short of emotional gems like this.”

NOMINATIONS WILL BE OPEN UNTIL 11:59P EST ON 01/31/20!
Spotlight Nominations for Year 504 Winter are now open! We're looking at YOU guys to give us the nominations on who you think would be the best for the following categories:

CHARACTER of the Season
@Aspara, who won Character OTS for Year 504 Fall, is not available for nomination!

Current nominations: 
@Marisol
@Orestes
@Sarkan

PAIR of the Season
@Ipomoea & @Ramses, who won Pair OTS for Year 504 Fall, cannot be nominated!

Current nominations: 
@Marisol & @Orestes
@Ipomoea & @Thana
@Morrighan & @Al'Zahra
@Boudika & @Tenebrae

THREAD of the Season

MEMBER of the Season
@Sea, who won Player OTS for Year 504 Fall, isn't available for nomination!

Current nominations: 
@Cannon
@Darkrise

QUOTE of the Season
Quote must come from a post made during Year 504 Winter (12/01-01/25)!

Current nominations: 
"And then, full of daring,
thinking of what it feels
like to fly,
he kisses her." - @Orestes in The Dark Won't Hide You

"Her voice is almost lost before she reaches the end of her sentence. But she does not hurry to find it.
She has lost many things already." - @Messalina in the lilacs never wilt

"She was a cliche--a moth to a flame, a lighthouse guide to wayward ships--and it seemed that even those not looking for her came around at some point or another. But she was no siren, sang no calls to beckon them forth. Fate, as it simply was, just always leaned into her favor." - @Manon in The Moon Is Drunk

"War, it always feels like it struggles on and on, clawing its way through the days, weeks, months, doing whatever it takes to last and last and survive." - @Antiope in Crumbling Light

• Winners will receive 100 signos and be highlighted in our Spotlight section!

• The (first) person to nominate a Spotlight winner will also receive 100 signos!

• Post the below form in a reply to this thread, or message staff directly if you'd like to stay anonymous.

• You may nominate for 1, 2, 3, or all categories - and may make multiple nominations per category!

• You can nominate those already listed under current nominations, but be aware that multiple votes won't increase their chances of winning! Please try and suggest someone different, if you're able to!

• We know it's tempting (and many of you deserve the recognition!), but please don't nominate yourself!

• Players/Characters who won the Year 504 Fall Spotlights cannot be nominated this time around. This doesn't apply to those who were nominated last time but not chosen. They may be nominated again!

Code:
<center><div style="width:60%; text-align: justify;"><span class="officialheader">Spotlight Nomination!</span>

<b>Which OTS</b>: CHARACTER, PAIR, THREAD, OR MEMBER OF THE SEASON
<b>Show us</b>: TAG THE CHARACTER(s) OR MEMBER VIA @NAME, or <a href="LINK">TO THE THREAD</a>
<b>Reason:</b> TELL US WHY YOU CHOSE WHO/WHAT YOU CHOSE!
</div></center>

Staff will make the final vote and decide which of the nominees for each category is the best fit!

***STAFF NOTE:
The following spotlights have been removed due to characters being made inactive:
@Pilate
@Samaira & @Elchanan
ninety-nine problems

Played by Offline Layla [PM] Posts: 0 — Threads: 0
Signos: 1,250

Spotlight Nomination!

Which OTS: Pair
Show us: @Marisol & @Orestes
Reason: As seen in The Dark Won't Hide You -SLAMS THIS DOWN- I'm just really excited about this ship okay? The chemistry is ON FIRE

Show us: @Samaira & @Elchanan
Reason: As seen in Last Year I Abstained. These guys are just really precious together <3

Show us: @Ipomoea & @Thana
Reason: As seen in The Earth Laughs In Flowers. Putting these guys here again because I'm living for this ship too ahhh

Which OTS: Thread
Show us: The Dark Won't Hide You
Reason: Honestly if not for Pair of the Season, these guys deserve some recognition in some way for the season. The writing in this is AMAZING. So much emotion. There's a poetic way that both RB and Syn write and I live for it.

Show us: Regarding Viride
Reason: Some juicy drama stirring up in Dawn and I'm super excited to see how it plays out!

Show us: What Hades Gave Me Was a Crown
Reason: I'm not used to seeing Boudika so angry?? I like it

Which OTS: Member
Show us: @Cannon
Reason: It's been great seeing her around more often and I love her sarcastic humor <3

Which OTS: Quote
Show us: "And then, full of daring,
thinking of what it feels
like to fly,
he kisses her." - @Orestes in The Dark Won't Hide You
Reason: Whoops here's a quote from this pair too...

Show us: A Twilight Thick And Starless
Reason: I'm still super sad Isra is leaving but excited to see the shift in ranks in Denocte and how this will help character development. Also Nes and Katherine threads together are always beautiful to read <3

Played by Offline kealie [PM] Posts: 0 — Threads: 0
Signos: 0
OOC Account

Spotlight Nomination!

Which OTS: character
Show us: @Marisol
Reason: okay so. she hasn't been sovereign for long but she is already doing an amazing job! all of her threads are perfect and amazing and not to mention she has been around forever and has always been so active. she started halcyon and despite all the quick changes in her life, continues to handle everything and comes out better than before. she's part of some of the best ships on novus and has never let me down when I stalk her. she's amazing.

Which OTS: character
Show us: @Orestes
Reason: y'all let me tell you. we all know syndicate is an EXCEPTIONAL writer and with Orestes it really shines through. as of now, Orestes has been the most active character post wise this month and they aint just fluff posts. he is laying down some seriously stalkable content. though he only came into novus like three? months ago, he is already an irreplaceable part of the community. he landed a sovereign position right away and has not disappointed (in my opinion) a single time. raum was such a brilliant character and changed the dynamics of day court like crazy and to be followed by Orestes who is equally brilliant is perfect and syn has executed this transition SO WELL! this boy came in and really just set day court straight and it is amazing. seriously any of his threads are such a good read.

okay this is what ive got for now <3 will post more nominations later as I see things I adore like these two!

Played by Offline redandblack [PM] Posts: 0 — Threads: 0
Signos: 305
OOC Account

Spotlight Nomination!

Which OTS: Character
Show us: @Sarkan
Reason: Hi I'm literally so happy Griffin is home AND I love that Sarkan was born into this world already entangled in an absolutely thrilling court-wide plot.

Show us: @Morrighan and @al'zahra
Reason: Uhhh HELLO??? Hot.

Show us: this is what makes us girls
Reason: I know this just started but it's gonna be delish. Aghavni and Anandi duking it out as princess Emissaries... be still my heart.

Played by Offline Cannon [PM] Posts: 0 — Threads: 0
Signos: 100
OOC Account

Spotlight Nomination!

Show us: this is what makes us girls
Reason: I JUST REALLY NEED TO REITERATE WHAT RB SAID BECAUSE THIS IS GOING TO BE SO GOOD. Aghavani, Apolonia and Anandi are so dynamic and intimidating and the drama is real and I am here for it

Played by Offline Katherine [PM] Posts: 0 — Threads: 0
Signos: 10,140
OOC Account

Spotlight Nomination!

Which OTS: Character
Show us: @Pilate
Reason: He might be a new character with only a few posts but those few posts are complete KNOCKOUTS. The way RB writes him is just fantastic and I am already obsessed. I love the way his profile is written and he is everything.

Show us: @Boudika and @Tenebrae
Reason: Actually surprised they're not up here yet because these guys are so full of sexual tension I would need a jackhammer to break through it all. Every single one of their threads together has been great and I look forward to each one that they start.

Show us: ninety-nine problems
Reason: Andras and Pilate are FIRE this thread is my life and I need more of it and them. Both of these characters are written so well and together they play off of each other so?? good??? PLUS THEY KISSED what more do you need.

Which OTS: Member
Show us: @Darkrise
Reason: Dark is always so open to plotting, and every time she's in the discord she is friendly and lots of fun! I was super excited to see her back on the site, with all of her wonderfully written and unique characters <3

Show us: "Her voice is almost lost before she reaches the end of her sentence. But she does not hurry to find it.
She has lost many things already." @Messalina in the lilacs never wilt
Reason: This quote is sad and poignant, especially punctuating the end of a post in which Messa is internally going over all of the mistakes she has made with Po. And it just makes you wonder, what else is she going to lose? Messa claims in her posts that she is often cold, but her posts are truly, rarely short of emotional gems like this.

[Image: cal_sprite_by_high_horizon_da9j6fc_by_no...c2hmyv.png]
begins with a single word
a single note, a single drop of rain

Played by Offline Rae [PM] Posts: 0 — Threads: 0
Signos: 1,725
OOC Account

SO MANY GOOD NOMS ALREADY. Lord. I present my humble offering:

Spotlight Nomination!

Show us:the earth laughs in flowers
Reason: Thana and Po are such an unexpected joy to read together! What stunning chemistry <3 I adored this thread

Spotlight Nomination!

Show us: "She was a cliche--a moth to a flame, a lighthouse guide to wayward ships--and it seemed that even those not looking for her came around at some point or another. But she was no siren, sang no calls to beckon them forth. Fate, as it simply was, just always leaned into her favor." -Manon, in the moon is drunk
Reason: This is such a concise way to capture Manon, which is no easy feat for a character so beautifully complex. I just love the imagery of fate leaning into her favor.

Spotlight Nomination!

Show us: "War, it always feels like it struggles on and on, clawing its way through the days, weeks, months, doing whatever it takes to last and last and survive." Antiope, in crumbling light
Reason: This is so chilling and real, it gave me chills. A beautiful, poignant gem of a sentence.

Played by Offline griffin [PM] Posts: 0 — Threads: 0
Signos: 0
OOC Account

Spotlight Nomination!

Show us: the morning star, the glittering herald
Reason: This thread has already made me cry. Isra and Eik are two absolutely wonderful characters on their own who have gone through so much on the game and changed the course of the game in turn, and they make such an engaging pair. Their threads are always beautiful and poignant and their love for each other is Goals. And now they're preparing to go to war, and leave us behind for a time.

Played by Offline sid [PM] Posts: 59 — Threads: 4
Signos: 6,435
Administrator

Spotlights have been Announced!

Congrats to our winners, and thank you to everyone who nominated. ♡