Novus
an equine & cervidae rpg
Hello, Guest!
or Register

Thank you, everyone, for a wonderful 5 years!
Novus closed 10/31/2022, after The Gentle Exodus

All Welcome  - ' ' tell me that you love me too *

Users browsing this thread: 2 Guest(s)

Played by Offline Zombie [PM] Posts: 25 — Threads: 3
Signos: 275
Inactive Character

Kibou is not scared of the tiger nor does he care that she is giving him a warning growl. In his little vision of fantasy, all he sees is a horse and a tiger, friends in the making. All he can see is joy and good in this world whereas others see death, anger, jealousy, and hate. He is the good in everyone and he sees the good in everyone. So when the tiger shows off her annoyance, the colt only offers her a tender grin to show her just a little bit of love. She may not like it nor want it, but he would give it out freely. The colt loves so easily that it is hard to not at least smile at his good nature.

He still comes closer, despite the growls of the tiger. He is not scared of her and he will not be deterred. Unfortunately, before he can even greet her with kindness, she is up and out, hastily making her way away from him. For a moment, he is sad that he cannot make introductions. Saki tells him not to worry, that she is simply a bad apple in this world that is not worth his time. But he knows better. He knows that there is goodness and kindness in the cat, He just has to look a little deeper for it.

But before his spirits could be lessoned, the other speaks up and immediately his attention is drawn to her. She calls him a warrior and he cannot help the grin that graces his lips from ear to ear. He has never been called a warrior before. He knows that’s his mother’s job and her bravery is unmatched, but he never thought of himself as one. His mother is always telling him to stay home, to hold back, to cower. He knows she’s trying to protect him but he hates it. This mare seems to see the potential in him and it makes him close the distance with his head held a little higher, his shoulders a little broader.

He settles near her, sipping his hot cocoa and feeling the sweet satisfaction of chocolate and marshmallows as they slide down his throat and that of Saki’s as well. When she offers to tell him a secret, it’s no secret that he looks up at her with wonder and anticipation, as if she will be granting him an unreturnable gift. His ears perk forward and all of his attention is on her. She agrees with his statement that this hot cocoa is the best, but she ends it with a little lesson within the truth. For a moment he lets his smile fade as he looks down into the cocoa with extra whipped cream. He contemplates her words for a moment before he looks up to her with only the innocence a child can muster. “Surely he could just make more.” It is a statement that is said with a questioning hope that the cocoa maker could simply make more to meet with the demands that all of Denocte would surely have on him. “…I want everyone to enjoy it.” The words that left his lips are nothing but the truth. The way he desires for everyone to be happy. He would grow to be a good stallion one day, one who put the hopes of others above his own wants and desires. His mother and his father would be proud of him if they could only see the small flecks of starlight that radiate from him.

Even as he takes another sip, he is in awe of the little flickers of light. He doesn’t know what they are or what has caused them, but they have his undivided attention. He stares at them with wonder and awe as he sips the hot liquid, Saki seemingly just as curious and enamored about the lights as he is. But like all good things, those end and his attention is back on the mare again.

She is asking him if he is the champion’s son and for a moment, he is confused. His mother has never referred to herself as a champion. She has never liked titles, that much he knows about his mother. Even in introductions, she introduces herself as Katniss, not Katniss, Kibou’s mother. Nor does she say Katniss of Denocte. It’s always just Katniss. “If the champion is Katniss, then yes, she is my mother.” He makes a mental note to ask her about this Champion thing the next time she sees him. Perhaps he could learn a good story from it.

But he does not stop there, Saki, sensing that Kibou hasn’t exactly completely answered the mare’s unanswered question, pulls at Kibou’s mane as a way to get his attention, as a way to remind him that he is being rude. “Oh right!” He seems to remember his manners, remembering the lessons that his mother has taught him about being rude. “My name is Kibou…and that is Saki.” He throws his head back to the monkey, to point in her direction when he offers her name. The monkey dips her head to the mare before patting Kibou’s back and turning her attention back to her hot cocoa.

@Moira - this post had a mind of it's own, sorry D:

Messages In This Thread
' ' tell me that you love me too * - by Moira - 12-04-2019, 02:17 AM
RE: ' ' tell me that you love me too * - by Kibou - 12-08-2019, 08:13 AM
RE: ' ' tell me that you love me too * - by Moira - 12-10-2019, 10:53 PM
RE: ' ' tell me that you love me too * - by Kibou - 01-10-2020, 07:47 AM