Novus
an equine & cervidae rpg
Hello, Guest!
or Register

Thank you, everyone, for a wonderful 5 years!
Novus closed 10/31/2022, after The Gentle Exodus

All Welcome  - Banshee of the Mountains

Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Played by [PM] Posts: N/A — Threads:
Sunako

Sunako
darkness, darkness be my pillow
take my hand and let me sleep

Creepy, creepy, dark and scary! Pretty cave, deep cave, spooky spooky! Oh the darkness, how grand and great it is to live in. I can't help but relish in the cold, dank and terrifying aura that something as simple as a very hidden cave could induce! Oh how could others have passed such a delightful location up! How could they not admire the magnificence and darkness it brings! It was the perfect hidey hole, one I was quickly working hard to snatch up and make my own. The harsh clicking noise gathers my attention and my breath leaves me in a horrified gasp. Oh, no, no, no, my darling bones, my sweet skeletons, I'm so sorry - I was distracted, please no chips, please no broken bones! I lower them quickly to the ground before rushing over to them, looking over each individual bone, hardly daring to breath, to make sure I hadn't damaged a single one. My breath left me in a relieved sigh this time as everything seemed to be okay, and I carefully returned the bones to my telekenetic hold, further carrying the bones into my new home.

I was saving them, someone had left such beautiful skeletons out to be destroyed by the elements, and they were such lovely company, and so I was working quietly through the dark, trudging through the snow as I carried each skeleton piece by piece to my home, tucking the different skeletons into place. Not all where complete sadly. Rover - the dog skeleton I had locate - was missing a leg and part of his jaw, the poor dear. He was still good company, even if his speech would likely be slurred for now. I set his remaining bones with the others, brushing my cheek gently against the side of his skull. Oh, sweet Rover, now you're safe. No one will escape off with any of your pieces again! I turn towards another skeleton, sighing softly, Now vixen, stop crying, of course I'll cuddle with you later, you silly kitty! I nose the wild cat skeleton with warmth before heading back out. There was one more skeleton I had seen - a partially buried equine skeleton. The figure was large - larger than I - I'd imagine if he had his skin and bones. I touch the forehead of his skull with my muzzle before I lifted it telekenetically, Now then, dear Elliot - Lets get you back home too! Don't you worry, you'll have space all your own  far from Rover's reach, I know dogs and horses don't always get along. I was trying to move carefully, not wishing to alert the others of the Night Court of my presence yet, which included communicating silently with my friends.

Elliot and I head back home, and after a few trips his bones were soon being put into place, rebuilding him carefully into his shape, and allowing him to lay upon the ground, and with in my own home I know longer filtered myself, not worrying of others hearing me, "Hehe, hush now Elliot, no one will find us here! We're safe silly! And we have Rover and Vixen to keep us company! Who knows, we might even get some spider neighbors who can help us decorate the cave ceiling! Cover them in cobwebs and spider nests! Oh how amazing that would be, so dark and creepy and wonderful!" I flung myself up next to Elliot, snuggling into his side with a familiarity that came soully from him being a skeleton to add to my collection, his bones poking against my dirty hide. "So dark, no light will reach us here! No radiant creatures will find us to burn us out!" A could feel my face shift into an annoyed sneer at the thought, "Yes, I will keep the radiant creatures of the light away - their beauty is to bright to be around, we must stay where it's safe and dark - it's the only good place for an ugly girl like me!"

I stood again as I walked over to my corner of the cave, aware I needed to start gathering items to make a nest of sorts for myself. My mane and tail drag across the stones and rocks as I walk, occasionally catching and breaking dead and weak strands as they split when I tried to tug them free from the stones and rocks. I hardly spare the congealed mess a second glance - it was easier not to look at my reflection - I hadn't properly seen my own face in two years, truly! No need to worry about how ugly I am when I'm not looking at my reflection, right! I was so much happier now that I stay in the dark, away from those radiant creatures! Too beautiful to look at, so beautiful it hurt! I smile at my friends, tossing my forelock back only for it to catch on my mane  by the tangled mass of strands that seemed to keep together and tangled, falling right back into place. I'm not sure how much of my mane, or tail, isn't part of the general single mass, truly. 

"Bye bye, Elliot, Rover, Vixen! Be good, I'll be back soon! I need a bed!" I state happily, skipping into the darkness of the night, and forcing myself to move through the snow. I giggle as I go, preening under the moonless, dark night, "So dark, so wonderful! Oooh, that looks like soft enough moss to be used as a bed! Maybe I'll find a skull under it too! There seems to be so many skeletons on this mountain too! It's so lovely!"

"Speech"
Thoughts

Tagged :: Open to anyone!
Notes :: Hehe, spooky creepy girl!

Played by Offline Maxxie [PM] Posts: 7 — Threads: 1
Signos: 5
Inactive Character

Icarus
"This is how you make friends, right?"

Icarus gazes up at the moon. Traveling at night is so peaceful. It’s quiet. All of the nocturnal creatures going about their night in silence. So, he followed suit, exploring the mountains under the dim gleam of the moonlight. Eventually, he will have to hunker down for some rest before continuing his journey. The small stallion smiles as he walks over the rocks. Thankfully, they’re not boulders. His short legs would never be able to climb them. Honestly, the rocks help get him through the snow easier. His legs are damp and chilly, but he doesn't mind it. The sights and adventures were well worth it. 

Traveling alone, at night nonetheless, feels so rebellious. His mother never let him go anywhere the moment the sun fell. Hell, he couldn’t ever be by himself. It was all for a very valid reason. She was horrified that one day his father would reappear and end his life as he’d swore he would on the day Icarus was born. It’s been years and no such thing has ever taken place. For that, he is grateful. His mother found a herd and a place to call home. Icarus got to set out on his own.

He would never believe that he could ever defend himself. That didn’t mean he wouldn’t fight for his life. He would, to his last breath. At the same time, he knew he couldn’t let his entire life slip away because of fear. He has dreams and desires. Things he wishes to see. Places he wants to go. Friends he dearly wants to make; despite his nervous tendencies.

Bringing his gaze back down to the path ahead, he notices a pale coated horse. Massive feathered wings tucked at her sides. Her mane and tail messy, wild, and extremely long. They drag over the ground as she moves along. She’s larger than Corrdelia, but smaller than Sol. Only having recently learned that pegasi are real and not merely creatures in foal fables, he is caught off guard for a moment. She appears to be looking for something. Hmm, did she lose something? Maybe I could help find it? He heads towards her.

“Good evening,” Icarus greets softly. “Did you lose something? I could help look for it.” He smiles anxiously at her. This is how you make friends, right? How you start a conversation? He sure hopes he’s doing this all right. 

"Speaking."
Thoughts.
@Sunako <3
Adorable artwork by Maxxie and Absolute Zeros (on dA)

Sunako

Sunako

I have been part of the darkness for many years now, learning to not just survive but thrive in the wonders that can be found there. I stopped associating with other horses and turned first to the creepy crawlies of the dark creatures - spiders and scorpions, bugs and lizards. Small, cute things that loved the dark just as I - small cute things that wouldn't be distraught by my absolutely hideous face - things that didn't mind how ugly of a girl I was, and how ugly of a mare I had grown to be. As time progressed, my time increased with in the darkness, and I made new friends still. Bats that seemed to be blind to my unappealing face, predators of the night who seemed to see me as my own danger. And then . . . I met my best of friends! Their bones washed white from exposure, cracked in areas, sometimes missing pieces here or there, but still amazing, beautiful individuals who seemed to love me as much as I loved them. They were always there to listen to me, to give me strength and happiness, to feel a comfort that was of my own making assisted by their welcoming approach.

When I had first come to this land I had worried (greatly worried even) about what kind of life I would lead when I left those friends behind. And then things looked up when I found the first beautiful new friend. He'd been partially buried in the dirt, teeth marks marring his forelimbs, but I had taken him home, cleaned him up, and so Rover had been my first friend. Vixen had been found later when Rover and I had moved to a thicket of dense bramble after something had come upon our last home. Vixen had been casually waiting for us there, smiling in welcome when we pushed through - oh how welcoming the bramble hide-away had been. But winter was setting in and me, and my dear friends; would need a better home soon. And so as we were searching I went up into the mountains - and I fell in love with the bleakness, the danger, everything that seemed to come alive with crazy and fun - and the creatures that roamed the mountains were so dangerous! It was like my own brand of heaven, coined and phrased and I loved it! Every fight with a mountain lion, every tousle with a mountain goat - every new cave to explore, every new disaster to avoid - it was living on the edge, uncovering new fun - it was home.

And so when I had found the cavern I now called home, I took to claiming it, finding a way to break down a bit of the wall that had a natural sprinkling of water leaking from a crack so a small pond had formed, supplied by a slow but steady and small trickle of water now. And with Rover and Vixen in their own bedding - and my newest friend Elliot having his own corner of the Cavern, it was time to make my own bed, to finish fixing up the cavern into a perfectly dark and welcoming (or unwelcoming depending on who you ask) home-sweet-home. So I ventured back into the darkness of the night, the world lit dimly - and only dimly by the light of the mountain (I was counting the days down until a new moon when no vibrant white light would penetrate the darkness - but alas that wasn't this night). And I couldn't wait for such a night, so braving that bright white light, I sought the items, the fluff and comfortable bedding I would need to use to create a comfortable place to sleep - and see if I couldn't find any more lonely skulls looking for a good friend to hold and cuddle.

I didn't notice the other immediately - why would I when I was out looking for something as important as beautiful and wonderful skulls! Smiling faces, hollow eyes that seemed to have a life of their own - gorgeous and vibrant and wondrous and - oh yes. Right, back to the fellow. When I did notice this creature - the first thing I noted was how dark - like the woods around us - he seemed to be. Brown like the barks on the tree. Not a pretty dark, near black brown - so dark it could suck in the very light around you - but still not helpless, soul sucking brightness those creatures of the light shown out. He was thankfully not one of the painfully beautiful ones - who seemed to flaunt that beauty as a weapon against the darkness I lived in, forcing their brightness on those that didn't want anything to do with it. I certainly didn't, that is. I needed that darkness to thrive - and those horrible bright ones were a danger to that darkness.

This stallion was not one of them. In fact, beyond just being plain and brown and like a tree himself - he was . . . . small. And it wasn't just her own size that made it painfully obvious - but rather this creature was literally SMALL. He had spoken his greeting softly, causing her haunting robin-blue eyes to center in on him, each eye rimmed by black markings mirroring thick eyeliner. She tilted her head, "Who are you?" She responded to his greeting, before tilting her head in confusion, "Lose something? Not at all. I'm merely hunting for bedding supplies to make a nest out of. And maybe some skulls if I find some - I can't leave potential friends out and about in this cold! Or lizards and spiders, yes! I'd love some friendly lizards and spiders too! They can be wonderful company, and the spiderwebs are delightful to watch! It's amazing, I love them." Her gaze had already drawn to the world around them again, with a much larger list of things to find than when she'd started - and the bedding supply quickly becoming lower and lower and lower on the list of importance.

"Speech"
Thoughts

Tagged :: @Icarus
Notes :: And now she wants lizards and spiders and spooky things.

Played by Offline Maxxie [PM] Posts: 7 — Threads: 1
Signos: 5
Inactive Character

Icarus
Having two sets of eyes are better than one!

The pale coated mare is very clearly intent on the task at hoof. Icarus cannot blame her. The weather is only getting colder and colder. Not everyone has magic, thick fur, or a herd to keep them cozy while they sleep. Her eyes are blue, an enchanting shade of blue like a summer’s sky. Dark markings encircle them; making them stand out all the more against her off-white coloration. 

She questions who he is with a tilt of her head. Oh. Right! Stupid! Tell her your name. He mentally groans at himself. Making friends isn’t easy. At least she didn’t run away or tell me to go away. Seems like we’re still going the right direction there. She tells him that she hasn’t lost anything; just merely looking for nest making materials. That and skulls, lizards, and spiders. Icarus smiles at her; even though she’s looking away from him now.

“I’m Icarus,” the small stallion states, his voice just a touch higher than before. His nerves are getting to him. He focuses on her words. There’s something different about this mare. She’s nothing like Corrdelia. I should probably stop comparing everyone to Corrdelia and Sol. No two horses are completely alike, after all. His curiosity grows with every passing moment. I don’t think I’ve ever seen a skull before. Then again, I’ve never actively looked for one either.

“Glad you haven’t lost anything,” Icarus offers, shifting his weight on hooves. Say something useful! “If there are any decently sized collections of water around here, I’m sure we could find moss and clovers near it. Though, we’d probably have to dig through the snow to get to it. As for the skulls and lizards, I have no idea where they’d be. I know lizards don’t like the cold. But I have seen some smaller spiders making their webs in and under the bark on trees.” He smiles again, still swallowing his anxiety with every breath.

“I could help look around with you,” the dark coated stallion blurts out. He isn’t sure why he’s offered to help her. Though, he doesn’t regret the words either. Having two sets of eyes are better than one! And maybe, just maybe, we could be friends? The hope lives on that this is how you make friends.

"Speaking."
Thoughts.
@Sunako <3
Adorable artwork by Maxxie and Absolute Zeros (on dA)

Sunako

Sunako

I watched the stallion, as if waiting to see when the darkness, when my creepiness would become to much - it usually does to some. I'm considered 'creepy', or 'odd', names that came alongside that long forgotten taunt of ugly. No, not forgotten, I could never not remember what I am, it's been a part of me for so very long that I hardly bother trying to change that opinion in others. It'd be silly to try to get them to believe something so false anyways! But the cries against my attitude and behavior - now those amuse me! Some of them even say the nicest thing, I was once even called a vampire I'll have you know! Wasn't that a fun day! Oh, back to this stallion, the small male who I'd come across. Yes there was a part of me who was waiting for when he'd choose to say fair well and run as if the devil nipped at his hooves.

Usually it's the first mention of some of my odd collections that others start to back away, so I'm suspicious when he smiles instead. What's there to smile about? Unless . . . perhaps he likes that stuff too - he might even no where to find them! Oh more skulls and friends to be made! Oh, he's introducing himself, I should pay attention, no need to get distracted with the idea of more friends to decorate my home with, "Oh, my name is Sunako. Do you know where I might find some spiders or skulls around here? Or even whole skeletons even!" Elliot is likely to get lonely if he only has Dover and Vixen to keep him company - so I wouldn't say no to some new friends too! Sweet and wonderful skeletons, all shined up and gleaming in the darkness, and morbid but fascinating sight, such wonderful friends! I need all those wonderful friends to share in the darkness with! No creatures of radiance will penetrate the darkness we fortify! It will be amazing, and so dark, and so creepy - oooh I could swoon right now just thinking about it!

Oh, he's speaking again - I watch as he shifts his weight, rocking from hoof to hoof, as if struggling to find words to say. I wait patiently, even if my eyes might sorta, slightly, distractedly look over the foliage for something fun to pick up, before focusing on his words, of moss and clover near water. "Why do we need to look for moss and clove - . . . . oh! Right, I'm supposed to be looking for bedding. Bedding Sunako. New skeletally friends can be found later. Necessities first." I pause for a moment, blowing out a puff of air even as my tangled forelock falls into my eyes, "Although, I suppose skeletally friends to take in and shelter could be considered a necessity, too." Or a convenient excuse. I wouldn't dig too deep into it, and instead focus on the idea of skulls and lizards, tuning myself into his suggestions quickly at those magic words.

He then offers to help me look around, and I flash him a skeptical look before shrugging with a ruffle of one wing, before pausing as if just remembering I have the useless appendages. I never fly too much, and sometimes I startle myself with them - particularly when they get tangled up in the worst situations: thorns, branches, trees. I've been stuck a fair few times because of the stupid things. I tuck the wings back tightly against my side, before heading the direction I thought I remembered running water in, "Well, let''s start this way then, and see if we can hear any water. Uh, if you see any good spider trees, we can stop and look - or lizards - or potential skelly-buddies too. If it looks like a bone, we stop, no questions asked!" I decide, starting off in the direction, stomping through the brush and forcing my way through when thick branches attempt to claw at my dirty pelt, and tangle up my mess mane. I'd long ago grew used to such pricks of pain that the travel is smooth regardless, and to pass time I pull myself from my thoughts of skelly-buddies (maybe I can find a rabbit with their cool teeth - or a friend for Dover!) and focus back to my new companion. He still hadn't run off screaming, but this meeting is still in its' early stages. "What are you doing out here, anyways, Icarus? It's fairly late for most horses." Except for me, that is. I thrive in this darkness.

"Speech"
Thoughts

Tagged :: @Icarus
Notes :: Skelly-buddies, she's termed skeletons as Skelly-buddes . . . .