Novus
an equine & cervidae rpg
Hello, Guest!
or Register

Thank you, everyone, for a wonderful 5 years!
Novus closed 10/31/2022, after The Gentle Exodus

All Welcome  - Only Skin Deep

Users browsing this thread: 2 Guest(s)

Played by [PM] Posts: N/A — Threads:
Silasthein

The secrets we keep..

Silas listened as best he could given his current condition. The woman cautioned him to be careful when he stood. She explained that her heron could only alleviate the pain, not mend his wounds. Silas had suspected that to be the case, but anything that kept him on his feet long enough to make it to actual safety was a win in his book. The mauve magician still managed a smile despite the waves of pain slowly increasing once more. "If you don't have to drag me anywhere it's probably a good thing. I can't come here for help and make you do all the work now can I?" He joked, it was the only way to keep the fear of death at bay. Silas could feel it in every breath he took, and in every tremble in his bones. He was upon death's door for the first time in many years. She commented on his claim she might not believe him. Silas merely chuckled, and then winced. His lungs were straining to draw each breath, and he decided it might be best to forgo this encounter until later. "Most things don't surprise me anymore. We'll have to share stories later though." He felt his breathing grow a bit more ragged and the fading edges of his vision were returning.

Silas nodded in response to her next statement about moving into an exam room. She asked him if he is stable enough to walk, and he gives her another affirmative nod. "Yes, for how long I do not know." He murmured quietly, and stayed close to her side. The movement of the lift was the most jarring part of his experience other than his collision with the world of Novus. The woman's voice promised him they would fix him up. Silas gave her another short laugh. "I hope so. Then I will dedicate my life to you Terrastellans. Make good on your promise and I will show Terrastella worlds beyond its wildest dreams." He let the words slip past his lips. Silas felt he was losing his grasp on reality only slightly, but he was ready to do whatever it took not to perish because of another instance of his own recklessness.

Notes: Sorry for the giant wait. We can wrap up this thread soon if you want. I'm sorry this isn't the best. You're completely free to power play him at this point if you would like. | Tags: @Samaira

... The lives we lead

Messages In This Thread
Only Skin Deep - by Silasthein - 01-10-2020, 04:29 PM
RE: Only Skin Deep - by Samaira - 01-16-2020, 02:22 PM
RE: Only Skin Deep - by Silasthein - 01-18-2020, 11:37 AM
RE: Only Skin Deep - by Samaira - 01-28-2020, 02:40 PM
RE: Only Skin Deep - by Silasthein - 06-06-2020, 10:48 AM
RE: Only Skin Deep - by Samaira - 07-09-2020, 11:33 AM