Novus
an equine & cervidae rpg
Hello, Guest!
or Register

Thank you, everyone, for a wonderful 5 years!
Novus closed 10/31/2022, after The Gentle Exodus

Private  - Electric Grey

Users browsing this thread: 3 Guest(s)

Played by [PM] Posts: N/A — Threads:
Vaeri

stay wild, moon child

Vae didn't notice the wolf at first, but now she sees them by the child's side and is curious. She knows of the special bond between equines and other creatures, but never experienced it herself. This wolf doesn't even look like a true wolf, but something different. Something she can't quite place.

The girl just replies with a 'no' and Vae isn't sure if it's to the question of being lost or her offer to help. Maybe it's to both? She seems like a stubborn one, which could be why she's out here just with her bonded. Maybe she's strong enough not to need anyone else. Her independence is quite impressive and reminds Vae of herself in a way.

They travel farther into the woods (or at least, she follows the girl out of curiosity now) and a cold breeze dances around them. It carries with it memories of her tribe and old life which still sting a bit, but they weren't all that bad. The girl becomes curious herself and asks Vae if she's a Shed Star. The fact she knows of her kind impresses her more and she smiles.

"I am," she replies proudly. If only it were nighttime and she could show off just how bright she could shine. For now, she'd have to rely on her storytelling. "In fact, I used to be a star. I was molded from stardust and then brought to this very mountain to live among the other Shed Stars. Caligo picked me herself, it's a true honor." Her need to tell elaborate stories can sometimes be so great, one idea in her mind becomes bigger and bigger. Many times, the one listening buys it and it makes her want to do it more often. She can't really explain why it's so fun, but it's the same with her need to collect things and why she doesn't want to call it stealing. She doesn't like to call this lying, just simply telling stories.

"I learned all the customs and rituals from the Shed Stars. I can read runes and the cards. I can tell you your future," she tells the girl, her eyes showing a sort of playful eagerness to match the tone of her voice. Inside she is still just a child too. One that still looks up at the moon at night and wonders what it would be like to stand on top of it. If only she truly had been born from the stars and perhaps she'd have the ability to travel up into the sky to see the world from above.

"What do they call you? Or should I just keep calling you snow-child?" The nickname suits the girl pretty well so maybe she won't mind.

"Speaking."

@Aspara I'm so sorry this took me ages ;_;

Messages In This Thread
Electric Grey - by Aspara - 01-12-2020, 12:29 PM
RE: Electric Grey - by Vaeri - 01-21-2020, 10:42 PM
RE: Electric Grey - by Aspara - 01-24-2020, 09:04 PM
RE: Electric Grey - by Vaeri - 02-17-2020, 12:23 AM
RE: Electric Grey - by Aspara - 03-13-2020, 06:21 PM
RE: Electric Grey - by Vaeri - 03-22-2020, 12:02 AM
RE: Electric Grey - by Aspara - 04-04-2020, 03:32 PM
RE: Electric Grey - by Vaeri - 04-10-2020, 10:39 PM
RE: Electric Grey - by Aspara - 04-25-2020, 12:02 PM