Novus
an equine & cervidae rpg
Hello, Guest!
or Register

Thank you, everyone, for a wonderful 5 years!
Novus closed 10/31/2022, after The Gentle Exodus

All Welcome  - my tired white flag

Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Played by Offline bruiser [PM] Posts: 99 — Threads: 13
Signos: 1,000
Inactive Character

let our eyes show the 
fire in our hearts tonight
It had been Mehrab who had alerted her to the Regent’s approach, his ‘voice’ drawling out within her mind -- always matter-of-fact but with just a touch of cocksure, confident that his blessing could reach the receiver in time. He was a recent addition to the soldiers, and one she was grateful for, even if she wouldn’t voice the thought out loud -- he already had enough of an ego as it was about his usefulness.

Her stride lengthened, catching up to the Regent in enough time to hear the grumbled words.

“I see that,” The now-warden drawled out slightly, but there was warmth behind the teasing words, behind the pale eyes that caught onto the Regent’s exhaustion quickly. How could she not worry, when Israfel’s exhausted, lonely return meant that Ulric was still missing from Delumine, that Charlie was still growing up without her father there to see every milestone, that Israfel was yet still unsettled?

She doesn’t need to ask something so trite as ‘any luck,’ not when the answer is in the slump of the ex-warden’s wings, in the dark moons stamped under her eyes. Instead, she simply falls into step beside the taller mare, close enough that the feathers of their wings just barely brush, and uses her body to direct Israfel’s path towards the nearest back-alley bar with decent enough alcohol to help stave off a broken heart.

(Or so she’d heard, at least. She definitely hadn’t done quite a bite of research into which bars were good for that at her worst of times, when her magic had still been a fresh wound in her soul.)

“C’mon, it’s my turn to buy, isn’t it?”
credits

@Israfel

she wasn't looking for a knight,
she was looking for a sword.

Messages In This Thread
my tired white flag - by Israfel - 01-18-2020, 09:57 AM
RE: my tired white flag - by Theodosia - 01-20-2020, 07:46 PM
RE: my tired white flag - by Israfel - 01-26-2020, 11:19 AM
RE: my tired white flag - by Elena - 02-02-2020, 03:54 PM