Novus
an equine & cervidae rpg
Hello, Guest!
or Register

Thank you, everyone, for a wonderful 5 years!
Novus closed 10/31/2022, after The Gentle Exodus

All Welcome  - tell him the fire's out

Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Played by Offline Sam [PM] Posts: 306 — Threads: 50
Signos: 900
Inactive Character

every day it feels like I’m holding back an ocean

Bold, daring Elena, they had all said. The little girl that had faced down the Snow Prince with unwavering courage. The little girl that had grown a little older that had looked to the undead Underworld and called him not a monster, but something else. Fire and Elena had gone hand in hand once upon a time.

But there is something still in her, it smolders and flickers, but she no longer burns so bright. It is burrowed beneath her golden skin and Elena is unsure how to coax it from its hiding place.

Elena still thinks of Murmuring Rivers after all these years, after the homes she has lived in, after the things she has seen. She wonders if this is what happens, that you still think back to that place of your childhood, no matter how much time has passed. She feels guilty, that she should think of the small of lavender and aspens rather than the mist of Windskeep’s waterfall. Murmuring Rivers was where Elena found herself when she thought she would be lost forever.

Her attention is turned when someone calls out to her. There is something about her that is different than what Elena is accustomed to seeing. And, after both beyond and Beqanna, Elena has seen sun horses, monsters, wielders of ice, and shapeshifter. Regardless, Elena thinks her beautiful. She blinks glacial blue eyes and looks out to the girl. “I think I am alright,” she says. In truth, she was hungry, but the ball of anxiety that has settled in her stomach is greedy and wishes to remain alone.

Those eyes blink again, how quickly to go from no one to someone. Elena looks carefully at the woman before smiling towards her. How naive. She thinks it is like Hyaline, that just because she has chosen Dusk as her court, she assumes all those residing inside it would be safe, her comrades. “Okay,” she says before stepping forwards to follow the girl. “I am Elena by the way,” she offers her name, the common courtesy the sunflower child has grown up with. “So you must be a member of Dusk? Or am I severely lost?” She asks with a smile. How quickly Elena goes from saddened to teasing, but the guilt and grief she has buried beneath her skin still itches from time to time, even with someone to distract her. “So, where to first?”

* e l e n a
in the dark I’ll pray for the return of the light
the sunflower daughter of benjamin and beylani
medic of dusk.

@Anandi

[Image: ddvotwe-59302ba6-6a81-47bf-9846-30c5a5db...0iFb4PvyXE]

let's light this house on fire
we'll dance in the warmth of its blaze
pixel made by the amazing star

Messages In This Thread
tell him the fire's out - by Elena - 01-19-2020, 01:11 PM
RE: tell him the fire's out - by Anandi - 01-19-2020, 07:48 PM