Novus
an equine & cervidae rpg
Hello, Guest!
or Register

Thank you, everyone, for a wonderful 5 years!
Novus closed 10/31/2022, after The Gentle Exodus

All Welcome  - tell him the fire's out

Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Played by Offline Sam [PM] Posts: 306 — Threads: 50
Signos: 900
Inactive Character

take this burden away from me
and bury it before it buries me

“Winter’s grip is tightening its hold, the war is not going well.”  Alvaro’s voice had spoken, deep and ominous. Elena had watched from the shadows as her older cousin and her father spoke to one another. “Take Elena,” he had said. And the little golden filly had to muffle her gasp. “Go to Murmuring Rivers, she will be safe there with the ones who remained behind.” After that Elena hardly heard what was being said. Something about her father not wanting to abandon the efforts, something about her safety, sworn protection, a snow prince. It was all muted and muffled that she might as well have been under water in the lake and trying to hear them. She did understand one thing that had been spoken though—she was going to be leaving Windskeep.

And since then, Elena has felt like she been leaving ever since.
There is a prayer inside her chest that hopes this is the end.

Of course she had to ask, she wouldn't be Elena if she didn’t. “That’s incredible,” she says, unable to help herself. She had as a little girl often swam in the lake of Windskeep and wondered what it would be like to breathe beneath the surface. “I’ve never lived near the ocean before,” she says, despite the fact that the sea is where her parents had fallen in love with one another.

“It is a land of very strange magic,” she says, thinking of the creatures she encountered. Elena finishes the apple that had been offered, enjoying Anandi’s company more than anything after such a time alone.

She follows Anandi then to the guest quarters, shifting slightly uncomfortably in the new place. “I will have to find you again, Anandi,” she says with that same beautiful smile she had arrived with. She then turns to enter, hoping, perhaps tonight would bring her a dreamless sleep for once. Although, as she turns to look back at Dusk Court and the fading image of Anandi, she highly doubted it would be such a slumber.

so take away this apathy
bury it before it buries me

@Anandi - short and sweet <3 love these girls!

[Image: ddvotwe-59302ba6-6a81-47bf-9846-30c5a5db...0iFb4PvyXE]

let's light this house on fire
we'll dance in the warmth of its blaze
pixel made by the amazing star

Messages In This Thread
tell him the fire's out - by Elena - 01-19-2020, 01:11 PM
RE: tell him the fire's out - by Anandi - 01-19-2020, 07:48 PM
RE: tell him the fire's out - by Elena - 01-27-2020, 12:20 AM
RE: tell him the fire's out - by Anandi - 02-12-2020, 09:02 PM
RE: tell him the fire's out - by Elena - 03-08-2020, 09:36 PM
RE: tell him the fire's out - by Anandi - 03-21-2020, 10:02 PM
RE: tell him the fire's out - by Elena - 04-04-2020, 07:00 PM