Novus
an equine & cervidae rpg
Hello, Guest!
or Register

Thank you, everyone, for a wonderful 5 years!
Novus closed 10/31/2022, after The Gentle Exodus

Private  - Until it Burns your Lungs

Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Played by [PM] Posts: N/A — Threads:
Reinhart

To hold my tongue except when I try to pray...

Asking questions was always a pain in the ass. Everything was a pain in the ass at some point. Reinhart took things in stride, with his good nature. There wasn't a single good bone in his body, as far as he was convinced. He had asked for the one he'd known as Manon. It had taken him months to track down a potential location for her, and then that led to more questions. The Scarabs. He didn't have a clue what that meant, what they were or any of that. Reinhart didn't care about The Scarabs yet, only that he found Manon. She had been likely the only one who would understand his plight. She had not been there when his father fired their guard. The first man he loved. He only remembered a fondness for the childhood memories they'd created at familial balls. The two misfit children running the halls of House Vogelstein. The memories faded away like the edges of a burnt photograph. That was a different time.

He wondered if Manon would remember him as fondly as he did her. He wondered if she would be surprised that he turned out to be a thief and an even better liar than his parents. Reinhart secretly hoped she still had a place for him in her life, though it had been a long time since they had known one another. Damned if he wasn't out here in the open searching for a maybe friendship to rekindle. The thief licked his chapped lips as he entered the domain deemed to belong to the Scarabs. It should have been more ominous, but it wasn't. When you roved the night streets full of vagabonds and misfits you lost your ability to feel much fear. That is unless he thought he'd been caught.

Reinhart smirked, and his tongue slipped back into the mercury it thrived in. "Yo can I get uhhhhh Manon around here?" He called out into the empty hollows of buildings. They only looked empty. They warned him not to be fooled. Reinhart wasn't fooled, but he was foolish. A petulant child with a penchant for crime.

Notes: A visit to an old childhood acquaintance <3 | Words: 357 | Tags: @Manon

... try to breathe words out, But I’ve got nothing to say