Novus
an equine & cervidae rpg
Hello, Guest!
or Register

Thank you, everyone, for a wonderful 5 years!
Novus closed 10/31/2022, after The Gentle Exodus

All Welcome  - shopping and shipping

Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Played by Offline Rae [PM] Posts: 118 — Threads: 19
Signos: 20
Inactive Character

I knew well how to thread my way through the markets. Crowds had a certain rhythm, a movement that could be intuited if you spent enough time watching carefully. It gave me a sense of elation to cut through the throng of bodies. I swayed, swerved, ducked, a frenetic dance. It was exhilarating. Furfur was hot on my heels, nipping and growling, bristled with an energy that was not entirely playful.

I don’t remember who started it. The game, the fight, whatever it was; we were just kids, and tension was high, and as much love as there was in our bond, we also drove each other crazy sometimes.

(Oh! I remember now how it all started. I had maybe… probably... pushed him into the lake.)

Running into the small winged man was a miscalculation on my part. I saw him a split second too late as he stepped from a side stall into the main courseway. “Watch out!” I don’t know why I bothered, it was a waste of breath. I veered to my left but not quite fast enough; my shoulder clipped his roughly, and with legs flying I slipped to a clumsy stop on the cobbled ground. Furfur smooshed face-first into my hindquarters, and despite my discomfort it took all my effort not to throw my head back and laugh at this.

Sides sweaty and heaving, I came to my feet. “You alright, buddy?” I asked the wraith wolf, who glowered at me but nodded briskly. I turned my attention to the man I had clipped. “Hey, sorry about that. Are you okay?” I glanced behind the man, to where his mirror image stood staring at me.

Oh! I have a twin too.” It would have been perceptible, the way I brightened. “Her name is Avesta.

a s p a r a

@Ard @Erd

Messages In This Thread
shopping and shipping - by Ard - 01-26-2020, 12:49 PM
RE: shopping and shipping - by Erd - 01-26-2020, 12:50 PM
RE: shopping and shipping - by Aspara - 03-29-2020, 04:12 PM
RE: shopping and shipping - by Kibou - 03-29-2020, 06:18 PM
RE: shopping and shipping - by Erd - 04-04-2020, 12:18 PM
RE: shopping and shipping - by Ard - 04-04-2020, 12:28 PM
RE: shopping and shipping - by Aspara - 04-09-2020, 03:57 PM