Novus
an equine & cervidae rpg
Hello, Guest!
or Register

Thank you, everyone, for a wonderful 5 years!
Novus closed 10/31/2022, after The Gentle Exodus

Private  - It could be mine to keep [raglan]

Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Played by Offline Sam [PM] Posts: 306 — Threads: 50
Signos: 900
Inactive Character

every day it feels like I’m holding back an ocean

“I think that’s why we have each other, we cant be lost when we are together,” she had said, looking up at the stars, she shines gold in the simplicity of the starlight. “It’s impossible.”

So, what now?
They aren't together anymore and it is Elena’s fault. She was the one who left.

But as she stands on the edge of the cliffs, the ocean reaching up with its sea foam hands, Elena feels anything but lost. She sends her thoughts like messages in bottles over the edge of the cliff to the shores of Nerine where she knows Lilli will find them.

Dear Lilli,

I am a medic now, I get to heal others, to bring happiness back to their lives and to mine.

Elena

Dear Lilli,

I shouldn't have left you. I’m sorry.

Elena

Dear Lilli,

How is Taiga? Are the trees still imposing as ever, but gentle once you get to know them? You are a great diplomat, keep doing your best. Never forget I love you.

Elena

It is a beautiful way to drown her thoughts, to regain her bearings in this strange new land that she has pledged herself to. The ocean mist occasionally caresses her face and it is startling in the cold winter air.

Elena looks outwards, even downwards at the watery fathoms below, but she conveniently fails to put her eyes to the sky. As a result, she misses how Raglan spots her, standing like she was on the titanic. She is far too busy looking out at what is ahead rather than what is beside her in the present. Perhaps, this has always been what has lead Elena to her problems. It is hard to say whether today would be any different.

The sound of hoofbeats landing upon the clifftop is the only thing that could have dragged Elena away from the view of the sunset over the water. He comes to her side and Elena does not shuffle away as perhaps her past ought to have taught her. Instead, she feels a rush of gratitude to no longer be alone. She may not be lost, but she could consider herself to be lonely.

His comment. She smiles then, letting glacial blues look to the stranger. “Well, if the ocean be a lady, perhaps it is not fair maidens that ought to fear her,” she says, a coyness to the way she looks towards him from underneath those long, dark lashes of hers. “You have heard the tales of women who have been scorned by men, and if the ocean is a woman as you say it is…” she blinks once or twice at him before her gaze is cast like her precious messages in bottles out across the water. “So maybe the gentleman is the one who has the right to fear her.” She teases, but Elena could see how it would be possible. Men have broken her heart, have broken her skin, have tried to break her mind and her soul, how easy it would be to hate them all.

But Elena is far too generous to deny anyone either her company or her heart.

* e l e n a
in the dark I’ll pray for the return of the light
the sunflower daughter of benjamin and beylani
medic of dusk.

@Raglan

[Image: ddvotwe-59302ba6-6a81-47bf-9846-30c5a5db...0iFb4PvyXE]

let's light this house on fire
we'll dance in the warmth of its blaze
pixel made by the amazing star

Messages In This Thread
It could be mine to keep [raglan] - by Elena - 01-26-2020, 03:35 PM
RE: It could be mine to keep [raglan] - by Raglan - 01-27-2020, 05:51 PM