Novus
an equine & cervidae rpg
Hello, Guest!
or Register

Thank you, everyone, for a wonderful 5 years!
Novus closed 10/31/2022, after The Gentle Exodus

Private  - Winters end

Users browsing this thread: 2 Guest(s)

Played by Offline Lullivy [PM] Posts: 225 — Threads: 37
Signos: 1,285
Night Court Sovereign
Female [She/her/hers]  |  15 [Year 496 Spring]  |  15.3 hh  |  Hth: 3 — Atk: 3 — Exp: 51  |    Active Magic: N/A  |    Bonded: Picoro (Sloth)

Luvena

But she was in Novus now. A place where she could make a new life. Yes, it meant starting over and proving herself again. Making everyone aware that she could hold her own, even though it took more effort than most. Making herself scarce and unseen during her bad days, until she knew those around her would respect her regardless of them. But it also meant that no one knew she had been robbed of her kingdom, not once but twice. Unless she chose to tell them, but even then she could choose to not have it define her. 

"Of course not" she replied, brushing off Elena's apology. "I should have heard you coming, I just wasn't paying enough attention." She looked over the mare with dull tired eyes.  She was clearly younger, more fit. She wondered how old she must seem. Only 9, but she probably looked 20. She felt it sometimes, with her shaking legs and stiff joints.  She was grateful for the mare's help.

She simply nodded in response, not wanting to cut Elena off before she had finished speaking. Her bubbly energy was refreshing Once the young mare was done she formulated her reply, while placing the last leaf of feverfew on the shelf. She moved on to unpacking Lungwort next.  "I've always been involved yes." she started "But it wasn't my first calling. I started in..." she hesitated. not wanting to say royalty  "Politics.  But when you are born a sickly child, and grow into a sickly adult, you see enough healers from all over that you pick up a thing or two. So I did that for a while, before I found my way back into politics, and then into judicial matters, and now here we are. back to healing" She smiled. She had lived through many pathways leading up to the one she walked now. Who knew, she could come to a crossroads again anytime. 

She had finally caught her breath again, but she found her legs quickly getting shakier. Perhaps she should have stopped earlier in the day. She grabbed a leaf of feverfew and Lungwort for herself, grinding them harshly between her teeth before swallowing. "Do you mind unpacking the rest?" she asked, already bending her knees to settle on the wooden floor.  "I know some healers have a specialty. Myself I'm far more knowledgeable in treating illnesses and infections than I am treating a break or heavy bleeding. Do you have one?"

@Elena
Table © Camy

Messages In This Thread
Winters end - by Luvena - 02-04-2020, 05:05 PM
RE: Winters end - by Elena - 02-09-2020, 02:14 PM
RE: Winters end - by Luvena - 02-10-2020, 03:29 PM
RE: Winters end - by Elena - 02-17-2020, 12:39 PM
RE: Winters end - by Luvena - 02-18-2020, 08:57 PM
RE: Winters end - by Elena - 03-11-2020, 07:42 PM
RE: Winters end - by Luvena - 03-20-2020, 03:59 PM
RE: Winters end - by Elena - 04-05-2020, 05:25 PM
RE: Winters end - by Luvena - 04-05-2020, 08:50 PM