Novus
an equine & cervidae rpg
Hello, Guest!
or Register

Thank you, everyone, for a wonderful 5 years!
Novus closed 10/31/2022, after The Gentle Exodus

Private  - Winters end

Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Played by Offline Lullivy [PM] Posts: 225 — Threads: 37
Signos: 1,285
Night Court Sovereign
Female [She/her/hers]  |  15 [Year 496 Spring]  |  15.3 hh  |  Hth: 3 — Atk: 3 — Exp: 51  |    Active Magic: N/A  |    Bonded: Picoro (Sloth)

Luvena

She thought back to her training in healing, or rather her lack thereof.  As a child and a young lady, her days in Herstial were spent learning trivial matters. Diplomacy, etiquette (Something she had rather hated, as much of it was painful for her frail body), how to read the maps laid out by their ancestors. other lessons were more fantastical, myths of magic and terror. Tales to tell the children of Herstial why they were not to touch the realms of magic. In Elysium, she had learned the error of this way, though she still wasn't very fond of the stuff.  Most of her knowledge of healing had come before they found out she could not be cured. She spent hours under the watch of healers, listening to them work through steps for diagnosis, watching them prepare tinctures and poultices. All the while pestering them on their methods, their herbs. 

She was brought out of her thoughts again by Elena. She smiled. "Shocking I know. I mostly dealt with those in the lower classes. Bringing back their requests and pleas to the King and Queen. " she conveniently left out her title. She wasn't ready for this mare to hold that knowledge. "And again later in another land I was... I suppose a sort of liaison between the land and the people. I rather liked both, I would go back to them, if I could" Another title left out. She smiled somewhat sadly as the mare remarked on her multiple lives. "Too many for my own good" she replied softly. A saccharine sadness rolling off of her words. "I always think I've settled down, and then a curveball gets thrown my way yet again" 

She stopped, settling to listen to the young mare, her ears perked forward at full attention. there seemed to be a reminiscence in Elena's voice, as if she had too had lived through more then she should have had to. "A midwife?" she questioned "That's a valuable skill that most don't possess. I could have used one when I had my son" Getting tangled up with the wrong sort was an all to familiar story. "I understand" she murmured "The wrong sort are all around us, unfortunately. It takes time to learn how to avoid them. " She almost laughed at the girl's remark about children "You have plenty of time! If I could have one in my state at 8, you certainly have years and years"

@Elena

Table © Camy

Messages In This Thread
Winters end - by Luvena - 02-04-2020, 05:05 PM
RE: Winters end - by Elena - 02-09-2020, 02:14 PM
RE: Winters end - by Luvena - 02-10-2020, 03:29 PM
RE: Winters end - by Elena - 02-17-2020, 12:39 PM
RE: Winters end - by Luvena - 02-18-2020, 08:57 PM
RE: Winters end - by Elena - 03-11-2020, 07:42 PM
RE: Winters end - by Luvena - 03-20-2020, 03:59 PM
RE: Winters end - by Elena - 04-05-2020, 05:25 PM
RE: Winters end - by Luvena - 04-05-2020, 08:50 PM