Novus
an equine & cervidae rpg
Hello, Guest!
or Register

Thank you, everyone, for a wonderful 5 years!
Novus closed 10/31/2022, after The Gentle Exodus

All Welcome  - the devil

Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Played by Offline Lullivy [PM] Posts: 225 — Threads: 37
Signos: 1,285
Night Court Sovereign
Female [She/her/hers]  |  15 [Year 496 Spring]  |  15.3 hh  |  Hth: 3 — Atk: 3 — Exp: 51  |    Active Magic: N/A  |    Bonded: Picoro (Sloth)

Luvena

he crawled around her, almost the same way a python would circle before its prey. Threatening, teasing. The few moments it played before it tightened it's grip. That was the impression he gave her now. A predator, merely trying to enchant it's prey. She respected it, in an odd sort of way. He knew how to manipulate, and it had clearly served him as a valuable skill. She wasn't as well trained in that skill. But she knew diplomacy, and how to match someone's words. She had done it all her life after all. 

The loon she had seen on the lake earlier let out its mournful call, and she had to resist flicking an ear back to listen to the echo. Her full attention was on Abrin. "Yet here we are" she echoed. She knew some of the rumors at least. Her poor health had never been a secret, it wasn't exactly easy to hide. Oberon had confronted her about it once, at the edge of the woods, concerned that she was pushing herself to hard. She had brushed him off.  Curiosity had the better of her though. "Oh?" she questioned "I give myself plenty of credit, I did what I was told for years I would never do. Unfortunately, most others do not think to give me the same. Please, do share what your... " she paused, her words were almost playful now "sources, have told you"

It was as she finished that last word that she felt his nose brush her shoulder. She didn't flinch, but she didn't stay still either. Instead, she leaned ever so slightly into it, sideways and back, just enough that the sharp bones of her shoulder would meet his nose. Part of it was that she wanted to surprise him, to resist. Another part of her - though she would never admit it, to him, or herself- was glad to feel the touch of another. Regardless of who it was. She had left Elysium without Picoro and without her friends. She had spent the years between then and now by herself. It had been her and her pain, and her thoughts, all on their own.

"perhaps both" she replied. Though she was immediately taken aback by his next question, and she was halted for just a brief moment. "No." she retorted, almost sharply. "There is only one I hope died with Elysium, and of that, I am not proud. Sloane committed many crimes, but I don't wish her dead. I gave Draco a sentence for imprisonment during my time as Gothams judge, but I do not wish him dead.  the wolf queen... Did you know her? I hope she fell with Elysium."  She had let down her guard slightly, let bitterness creep into her voice. She had never told anyone about her pure hatred of the mare. 

@Abrin

Table © Camy

Messages In This Thread
the devil - by Abrin - 02-11-2020, 02:19 AM
RE: the devil - by Luvena - 02-11-2020, 02:24 PM
RE: the devil - by Abrin - 02-11-2020, 07:06 PM
RE: the devil - by Luvena - 02-11-2020, 07:48 PM
RE: the devil - by Abrin - 02-11-2020, 09:11 PM
RE: the devil - by Luvena - 02-11-2020, 09:37 PM
RE: the devil - by Abrin - 02-11-2020, 10:49 PM
RE: the devil - by Luvena - 02-11-2020, 11:15 PM
RE: the devil - by Abrin - 02-12-2020, 12:20 AM