Novus
an equine & cervidae rpg
Hello, Guest!
or Register

Thank you, everyone, for a wonderful 5 years!
Novus closed 10/31/2022, after The Gentle Exodus

All Welcome  - the devil

Users browsing this thread: 3 Guest(s)

Played by Offline Neptune [PM] Posts: 6 — Threads: 1
Signos: 445
Inactive Character

If i'm your salvation,
welcome to hell

At Luvena's comment about having no wrath to give, Abrin couldn't help find a small shred of doubt swirling in his heart as he noticed the harshness of the words. One of the few things that kept Abrin alive was his ability to never put anything above anyone. While this doesn't mean he thought Luvena believed herself to be above hatred, he instead doubted that she truly was incapable of pushing no hatred onto him. A small, thoughtful hum escaped him as if quietly answering with an, 'Oh, is that so?' He watched her move with a surprising amount of grace into the water as she moved to join him. It was the splash that surprised him enough to let out a small laugh. So she could do more than stand as still as a statue.

It turned out that the movement and invitation were a good idea after all, even if it left the stallion a bit more wet than intended. He couldn't help but smile at her comment, realizing that withholding such information had actually frustrated her quite a bit. She was going along with his game, so as if almost in engaging in a dance of some sort, he began to play her's.

It was fun hearing what rumors she had heard. They were true for the most part... or at least one's he wouldn't deny. "Would you view me any differently if I told you they were all true?" He cast a glance to the side at her, his face tilting slightly. His crimson eyes were half-closed, lazily taking her in in a way that said that his attention, at least for the moment, belonged to her and her alone. It was after her answer that his gaze shifted back to the pond, staring in a way that suggested his mind was certainly not here, not when the words were leaving his lips. "I was the first king, chosen by Heretic himself. It was all a big mess, that whole thing. An entire new kingdom, born into existence just like that. I was shoved into ruling with Nightingale, never having met her before that moment. I don't know if we ever actually loved each other, but she kept things interesting. One thing had led to another and there was a son. I have no idea where he is or if he's even still alive." There was a small pause as he collected himself, his gaze sliding back over to Luvena, "Now for you, little bird, I've heard some interesting tales." a small grin slipped onto his lips, "I heard those of Crucis loved you, but they saw weakness in your body. Other stories say that you had a child against all odds and it nearly killed you. Some did tell me of how you were chased from your home, but those are the ones often overdone. So many creatures love to speak on the matters of royalty, especially when they fall." His eyes remained on Luvena as his voice trailed off. A small part of him wondered if they would have gotten along all those years ago, back when every inch of him yearned for change, for chaos. Would she play his game if he still ruled over the land of stone and thorns? Would he play her's?

@Luvena

Messages In This Thread
the devil - by Abrin - 02-11-2020, 02:19 AM
RE: the devil - by Luvena - 02-11-2020, 02:24 PM
RE: the devil - by Abrin - 02-11-2020, 07:06 PM
RE: the devil - by Luvena - 02-11-2020, 07:48 PM
RE: the devil - by Abrin - 02-11-2020, 09:11 PM
RE: the devil - by Luvena - 02-11-2020, 09:37 PM
RE: the devil - by Abrin - 02-11-2020, 10:49 PM
RE: the devil - by Luvena - 02-11-2020, 11:15 PM
RE: the devil - by Abrin - 02-12-2020, 12:20 AM
RE: the devil - by Luvena - 02-12-2020, 08:59 AM