Novus
an equine & cervidae rpg
Hello, Guest!
or Register

Thank you, everyone, for a wonderful 5 years!
Novus closed 10/31/2022, after The Gentle Exodus

All Welcome  - the devil

Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Played by Offline Lullivy [PM] Posts: 225 — Threads: 37
Signos: 1,285
Night Court Sovereign
Female [She/her/hers]  |  15 [Year 496 Spring]  |  15.3 hh  |  Hth: 3 — Atk: 3 — Exp: 51  |    Active Magic: N/A  |    Bonded: Picoro (Sloth)

Luvena

She wasn't altogether very surprised by his response. Most rumors, after all, were simply the truth but twisted just enough to make it exciting. "I don't think I would," she replied simply.  She watched as his demeanor changed slightly when he spoke about Heretic, and Nightingale. She let her head and neck fall back into their natural position, both dipping her head to him, and resting, wincing as it cracked.

“It was almost the same in Crucis” she started “I never desired to be queen. But Io Kairavi died,and on her deathbed left the woods to me and Oberon. We most certainly didn’t love each other, and we didn't really know each other, but we shared a love for Io. Neither of us knew it was coming, and I don’t think he wanted it either. “  she tilted her head to listen, as he recounted the rumours he had heard about her time. “you’re mostly right, though the order is off.” she started. “I was, I think, mostly liked, though certainly not by all. and they were certainly justified in what they saw, I do my best to keep moving forward, but I'm not exactly the picture of good health.  I was chased out by Etain, who threatened to kill many of us if we didn't retreat. Cavalier got lucky and escaped with everything, but her tongue when she decided to talk back. We retreated together to the Red Waste. And then I did have a son, yes. Not against all odds though, the firstborns had owed me a blessing. The waste was what almost killed me, though that wasn’t unexpected. I didn’t expect to live as long as I have.”  she paused for a moment looking at her reflection on the water, looking at the way her bones came sharply from her face. “and then Vega saved me from my dying breath” She stopped there. There had been little bits after that. She had gone back to Crucis with her newfound strength. Become the judge, making decisions by Gotham’s side. But by that time, everyone had already started to leave. 

She shivered, still standing in the cold water. Two ex-monarchs, from enemy lands, side by side. “Do you ever regret your time as King?” she asked, pulling her gaze from her reflection back up to him. “Sometimes I felt as if I was doing the work of the firstborns for them. Guarding their lands. Acrux didn't swoop down to help when the woods were burning. He let his children breathe in smoke and ashes, let them burn. It was Vander who helped everyone get out. I'm grateful to them, the firstborns, for what they gave me, but I wonder, if they had so much power, why let us do the things we did"
@Abrin
Table © Camy

Messages In This Thread
the devil - by Abrin - 02-11-2020, 02:19 AM
RE: the devil - by Luvena - 02-11-2020, 02:24 PM
RE: the devil - by Abrin - 02-11-2020, 07:06 PM
RE: the devil - by Luvena - 02-11-2020, 07:48 PM
RE: the devil - by Abrin - 02-11-2020, 09:11 PM
RE: the devil - by Luvena - 02-11-2020, 09:37 PM
RE: the devil - by Abrin - 02-11-2020, 10:49 PM
RE: the devil - by Luvena - 02-11-2020, 11:15 PM
RE: the devil - by Abrin - 02-12-2020, 12:20 AM