Novus
an equine & cervidae rpg
Hello, Guest!
or Register

Thank you, everyone, for a wonderful 5 years!
Novus closed 10/31/2022, after The Gentle Exodus

Private  - noble blood

Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Played by Offline Kat [PM] Posts: 146 — Threads: 25
Signos: 77
Vagabond Battlemage
Female [She/Her/Hers]  |  Immortal [Year 498 Spring]  |  15.2 hh  |  Hth: 28 — Atk: 32 — Exp: 53  |    Active Magic: Energy Transference  |    Bonded: Fylax (Gryphon)

if the crown fits, when the sword lifts

Antiope does not have to wait long for the Warden’s arrival, and anticipates it by the reigniting of the fireplace on the wall behind her. Though she doesn’t see it, she hears it, like the sound of the air in the room suddenly being depleted. The sound of a fire starting is a strangely unique sound, like a whooshing, and then what meager pieces of wood are left set to crackling.

She can’t imagine it will burn long without kindling, but she’s certain that Morrighan is pleased with herself nonetheless as the woman enters the room at Aubin’s announcement. She wonders how many times that happened while she was away, and momentarily considers removing all the wood from the fireplaces in the castle once they are done speaking with each other.

The thought almost puts a smile on her face, and Antiope composes her features as Morrighan reaches the table, nods to her, and seats herself. “It’s nice to see that your relationship with your bonded has improved in the time I’ve been gone,” the sovereign says, though there is a mirthful gleam to her sapphire eyes.

Before she has a chance to respond to Morrighan’s question, the kitchen maid arrives carrying a tray of food and drink. She carefully and quickly places the meal before each of them upon the table. “Thank you, Isla,” Antiope tells the young woman as she bows her head and dips out of the room.

It all smells wonderful, and from what she can tell there is a hand pie no doubt filled with some sort of vegetable or cheese mixture, and what appears to be a spiced applesauce on the side. She hopes it is the chef’s special, which includes a mixture of pears and apples, and a little bit of citrus. The drink is dark in color, and over ice. Most likely a tea.

Giving the food a moment to cool, Antiope turns her attention back to the conversation. “The other courts are so very different from ours,” she remarks, voice thoughtful and eyes distant as though remembering the places she had seen, “But, I see so much of all of us in each other.”

At their hearts, she truly thinks the courts are not so different at all. Each has their own beliefs, their own trades, skills and specialties, but underneath that? They are all just equines searching for the same things in the world.

“My hope is that we will be able to foster good relationships with them,” and perhaps it is naive of her to hope such a thing, but she can certainly try to do her best. There will always be troubles in the world, dark things and places and souls, but as long as there is support and trust Antiope would like to have allies within the other courts.

The sovereign glances at Morrighan as she finally takes a sip of the tea, and cuts open the flaky pastry on her plate. “Tell me, did I miss anything important while I was gone?” Traveling Novus was like nothing she could have expected, but she had missed her court.

as the song lifts, and the world tilts
| @Morrighan

[Image: 13716916_Rc8f5hGvZkB3cYP.png]
a war is calling
the tides are turned

Messages In This Thread
noble blood - by Antiope - 03-21-2020, 02:43 PM
RE: noble blood - by Morrighan - 03-21-2020, 07:57 PM
RE: noble blood - by Antiope - 04-03-2020, 03:04 PM
RE: noble blood - by Morrighan - 04-05-2020, 10:42 PM
RE: noble blood - by Antiope - 04-15-2020, 06:37 PM
RE: noble blood - by Morrighan - 04-19-2020, 11:37 PM