Novus
an equine & cervidae rpg
Hello, Guest!
or Register

Thank you, everyone, for a wonderful 5 years!
Novus closed 10/31/2022, after The Gentle Exodus

All Welcome  - jetstream

Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Played by Offline Nikkayla [PM] Posts: 11 — Threads: 4
Signos: 0
Inactive Character

The waving tendrils of foliage rippled around her, and how it mimicked the surface of the ocean she called her true home, was beyond her. Indrani, mesmerised, was swaying and singing in the back of her throat so quietly, the sound in time with the sweeping if the breeze as it made its way around her.

She continued her song, even as the familiar face and her own name fell from lips she’d not seen in such a time, and her song ceases as the siren turned to her sister to greet her with all the enthusiasm that she’d been summoning in her walk, in her song and voice.

“Sister!” She echoes the greeting, dancing forward although she does not move with the same practice Anandi does - she looked peculiar, limbs swinging in an exaggerated manner as she swings and welcomes the arrival of her family.

Though, she’d never seen her like this. Her appearance here was not too dissimilar to her own - she still had all the regality that she always had below the waves, it was just brought down by the force that held them in strong in the embrace of life.

She saw her tears, but Indrani merely smiles with an absurd brilliance as she reaches out to nudge at her sibling.

“I’m sorry it took me the time it did, Anandi,” she replies, genuine and sweetly, wanting nothing more than to console her. Their embrace felt so different in the open air, with no water to divide them and only air around them, but it was a moment that made her heart sing.

So she did herself, humming for a moment, a wordless verse of a song from their childhood. It would flow between them, her throat pressing against the base of Anandi’s crest, as it seemed this was the place she was easily able to lock herself to.

She has no desire to withdraw, it had been too long. She’d let Anandi decide when their moment was over, as she could feel the raw emotion that surged around them in waves.

“I’m not sure father nor mother would agree, but I didn’t come here for them… I missed you so, sister, it is so good to see you…”

She trails off, with love and happiness she’d not felt in some time rolling through her core. She had missed Anandi, missed her other sisters, but it gladdened her to have found her...

@Anandi <3

Messages In This Thread
jetstream - by Indrani - 03-21-2020, 06:19 PM
RE: jetstream - by Anandi - 03-24-2020, 11:21 PM
RE: jetstream - by Indrani - 05-26-2020, 07:04 AM
RE: jetstream - by Anandi - 05-30-2020, 07:37 PM