Novus
an equine & cervidae rpg
Hello, Guest!
or Register

Thank you, everyone, for a wonderful 5 years!
Novus closed 10/31/2022, after The Gentle Exodus

Private  - the rose captain knows my name;

Users browsing this thread: 2 Guest(s)

Played by Offline Katherine [PM] Posts: 44 — Threads: 8
Signos: 5
Inactive Character

i'm committed wrong or right
The sky is bright and blue, and the clouds look as though someone has taken the colors of the flowers growing on the tops of the cliffs and used them to paint their surfaces. Bright magentas, pale peaches, deep indigos—so many colors, and they are all reflected onto the sea which tosses and turns as if in sleep.

It’s beginning to get dark, and Charlie is tracing the line of the incoming tide as she walks down the beach. Her hooves leave a lonely trail in the wet sand behind her, but the yearling doesn’t look back, only forward. High above the cliffs, Indy is keeping watch no doubt with keen yellow eyes.

The ends of her vermilion scarf flutter in the breeze, and Charlie’s chest burns a little every time she looks at it. Both from anger and from pride. She hasn’t taken it off since the day she took it in Denocte.

Sometimes, she swears she still hears the buzzing in the back of her mind, drowning out all those thoughts she doesn’t want to think.

The pegasus girl is here because when the tide is out, the cliffside has more secrets to reveal and she loves nothing more than discovering them. She’s been doing it since she was a girl. Even before she could fly, she was scaling these treacherous walls and finding all of the best hiding places.

What she’s not expecting is to find someone else out here, too. Charlie sees him coming, even as Indy’s voice warns her of his approach. The osprey begins to circle lower and eventually perches upon her bondmate’s shoulders, watching the approaching equine with a strong weariness.

Charlie, however, tosses her short black mane and continues forward, passing the boy and heading further down the shore. “Hi there,” she says, glancing over her shoulder at him. He is white as a foggy morning over the sea, with streaks of charcoal and navy in his coat. Even though she doesn’t know what he wants, she does know that she’s here for a reason and he’s not about to interrupt her.

"Speaking."
| @Caspian

[Image: 13222742_95oVYzdeR5MVhK5.png]
you and i, we're pioneers
we make our own rules

Messages In This Thread
the rose captain knows my name; - by Caspian - 03-28-2020, 07:25 PM
RE: the rose captain knows my name; - by Charlotte - 04-04-2020, 05:02 PM
RE: the rose captain knows my name; - by Caspian - 04-09-2020, 11:37 AM
RE: the rose captain knows my name; - by Caspian - 07-26-2020, 06:20 PM
RE: the rose captain knows my name; - by Caspian - 10-10-2020, 08:04 PM