Novus
an equine & cervidae rpg
Hello, Guest!
or Register

Thank you, everyone, for a wonderful 5 years!
Novus closed 10/31/2022, after The Gentle Exodus

Private  - silent eons spent sleeping in the dark.

Users browsing this thread: 2 Guest(s)

Played by [PM] Posts: N/A — Threads:
Corrdelia

— sic itur ad astra —

There is something that hits Corrdelia like a strong gust of wind during a storm. It envelopes her, almost as if it takes over every fiber of her being. It's not anything she's felt before or could easily explain other than that she's hungry. For what, she doesn't know, but she does know that this can't solely be her emotions. Something tells her she might be picking up on things from Thana and it's very hard to shake off.

It's clear the woman doesn't believe Corr's relationship with her crow and it makes her confused. "Maybe not to you," she replies, then sticks out her tongue. After a few seconds, she realizes this makes no sense given Thana's magic. "Oh wait. Well, she only speaks to me anyway."

She knows the mare is always courting death as part of her ability, but Hāsta is special and unique. There's no way that she could be dead. She wouldn't still be talking to Corr if that was the case. A darkness creeps into her mind slowly, but she does her best to push it away. It seems Thana's bonded is trying to comfort her too as it rests against her shoulder.

It does not surprise Corr that Thana's been hunting. Death always comes after a predator finds its prey and sinks its teeth into it, so naturally she should be drawn to it. Although, it's unclear if the mare is hunting for prey or just hunting for sport. "I see," she says while her mind wanders. One thing she notices is that Thana has no aura present and this is the first she's seen this happen to. "Have you caught anything good?" Maybe it's that wave of emotions she's still trying to shake off, but her curiosity is growing.

At mention of painting, her mind becomes foggy. It's what happens any time she thinks too closely on some memories, as if her brain doesn't let her access them for a reason. Except painting had been a good hobby of her's that she did for quite some time. She isn't sure why she stopped, but she remembers their first meeting and how fun it had felt to dive into the colored paints.

"No," she answers sadly with a sigh, realizing how much she missed doing art. "I still have the one I painted that night. I just haven't hung it up since the move. Oh- I'm in Dawn Court now." She feels the need to give the update to Thana in case she had been wondering. Her new house in the forest is a complete mess and she's not even sure if she knows where that old painting had gone. It would take much more time to finally get everything moved from chaos to an organized chaos.

"I should get back into painting…" she trails off, more to herself than to the other mare. Maybe this is just the push she needs to take hobbies back up.

Somewhat attached to Corr's shoulder, Hāsta's disheveled body slumps forward a little.

"Speaking."
credits

@Thana <3

Messages In This Thread
silent eons spent sleeping in the dark. - by Thana - 04-03-2020, 12:46 PM
RE: silent eons spent sleeping in the dark. - by Corrdelia - 04-10-2020, 09:50 PM
RE: silent eons spent sleeping in the dark. - by Thana - 04-12-2020, 07:38 PM
RE: silent eons spent sleeping in the dark. - by Corrdelia - 04-24-2020, 10:32 PM
RE: silent eons spent sleeping in the dark. - by Thana - 05-07-2020, 07:25 PM
RE: silent eons spent sleeping in the dark. - by Corrdelia - 05-28-2020, 12:19 AM
RE: silent eons spent sleeping in the dark. - by Thana - 06-01-2020, 03:30 PM
RE: silent eons spent sleeping in the dark. - by Corrdelia - 06-19-2020, 09:42 PM