Novus
an equine & cervidae rpg
Hello, Guest!
or Register

Thank you, everyone, for a wonderful 5 years!
Novus closed 10/31/2022, after The Gentle Exodus

Private  - no one can hurt you [Azrael]

Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Played by Offline Sam [PM] Posts: 306 — Threads: 50
Signos: 900
Inactive Character

take this burden away from me
and bury it before it buries me

Maybe in the end, everyone is a star.
And so they all must fall like one.

A moment of glory along the dark night sky before descended, lost within the moment. Tears blinding, hearts breaking, skin burned, bones snapped. All broken until the very end, and only then do they beg to be fixed, to be glued together like some broken china doll. So that maybe they may burn bright again, just before the fall.

Elena has not known love beyond the deep infatuation she has felt for so many and it is so easy to let the admiration and intrigue take root—so easy to let it consume her greedy heart and eager eyes. For a moment, the ghosts break through the veil, and she can feel their sickly fingers pressing into the base of her throat, the pain rising like a wave inside of her—threatening to pull her down. She rolls her shoulders, doing her best to shake them and focus on the man in front of her instead.

There is a strange otherness to the moment that Elena cannot quite name. It is something that slips under the surface and wraps around the base of it; she feels it like a current in her pulse and a jackhammer to her heart. It is an uncomfortable feeling and yet she feels completely comfortable relishing it. It is easy for Elena to get caught up in the other worldliness of this moment. “That sounds like something my mom would say,” her voice is honey and summer, lyrical and lifting on the edges—the only truly beautiful thing about her.

He seems harmless, and she relaxes in his presence. She had almost forgotten what it was like to have a casual conversation with someone kind and easy, letting herself slip into the warm water of company. For so long, she has found herself drawn into the tsunami of emotions—letting the darkness of others rise above her and drag her down. She reveled in it, which was a strange reaction from someone like her, but she couldn’t pretend like she wasn’t drawn to it, the gravity of them pulling her down.

He looks at her, and she thinks in that moment that if gravity were not holding her down she would fall into the stars with the beauty of his eyes. He turns away and her stomach flips inside her with longing to see them again. Just like him, her parents blood ran red, she had seen the red of her father’s against his coat of obsidian. Red shines different when it comes from another than it does against the backdrop of a sunset. “And your father?” She asks him because the memory though so long ago feels fresh, and though she does not choke back tears, there is a pinch in her heart that tells her she still grieves, even if she pretends not to.

“I am not,” she admits. And had she been able to blush, her cheeks would have grown flush, always a weakness, greedy for the kind words of others. He says the stardust suits her, but how cam she even begin to agree when she sees the beauty that is him?

At his request, she inhales quickly, holding her breath in her lungs for a moment before she releases it, letting it blow out into the summer air and between them. “You wont disappear in the dark?” She asks him, she is so used to them going. “I just found you, I wouldn't want to lose you that quickly.” She whispers, Elena, as always wearing her heart on her sleeve for others to easily destroy at their whim. She wonders for a moment, what it is like to fall into the darkness. She wonders if it is like falling into the deep, deep blue of the ocean—weightless. She takes another sharp inhale, letting it go and nodding her head. She is Wendy ready to take Peter’s hand and follow him into the night.

so take away this apathy
bury it before it buries me

@Azrael

[Image: ddvotwe-59302ba6-6a81-47bf-9846-30c5a5db...0iFb4PvyXE]

let's light this house on fire
we'll dance in the warmth of its blaze
pixel made by the amazing star

Messages In This Thread
no one can hurt you [Azrael] - by Elena - 04-15-2020, 04:39 PM
RE: no one can hurt you [Azrael] - by Azrael - 04-16-2020, 05:59 AM
RE: no one can hurt you [Azrael] - by Elena - 04-17-2020, 11:08 AM
RE: no one can hurt you [Azrael] - by Azrael - 04-17-2020, 03:23 PM