Novus
an equine & cervidae rpg
Hello, Guest!
or Register

Thank you, everyone, for a wonderful 5 years!
Novus closed 10/31/2022, after The Gentle Exodus

Private  - in the forest of the night

Users browsing this thread: 3 Guest(s)

Played by Offline Sam [PM] Posts: 306 — Threads: 50
Signos: 900
Inactive Character

take this burden away from me
and bury it before it buries me

Elena had been shown love far before and far more often than she had been shown hate. It shows in her smile, while there is broken pieces of her heart littered all around her, and ghosts in those blue eyes, there is still something in her smile that sings of color. Love was color. Hate was color. She has seen them all, others more strongly, and still others, she has never been able to make out their hue.

She saw the color and she didn’t see the color.
The color is like the memories, a bird beating against the glass. She doesn't remember if it is purple, green, or yellow.

Boudika is beautiful, with carved muscle lining her crimson gaze and a feminine touch to her otherwise commanding presence. Maybe, at another place and time, Boudika would have been better suited as a queen of the amazons that Elena once heard about. Steady, but fierce. Boudika was far too great a presence to ever slink into shadows. So unaware that the two women are chasing the same one.

She would never guess because Boudika is so unlike Elena and she is far too delicate to be left in the rough hands of Boudika. Although she is placed there all the same. Elena could leave, but she willingly sits there, sending smiles and soft glances at the tiger beneath woman’s skin.

Her smile is wide as embers burn in her eyes towards Boudika’s words. “And yet the wolf has always been able to draw little girls with red cloaks into its grasp without saying a single word.” Wolves, Tunnel, it was all the same to Elena. She had seen his growling teeth, heard his gravel voice, seen that navy skin painted with death and she had handed him her basket, asking if the way off the trail was more beautiful than the path. He told her he would bring her heartache, he told her he would bring her pain, and Elena said show me the way.

He showed her bruises on her skin, he showed her eyes stinging with tears she refused to cry, and he showed her skin trembling with fear.

“Thank you.” She says to a girl with eyes like red wine and cheeks like her father’s. It cuts Elena in a ways she wont realize until later, when the fresh mountain air has cleared from her and salt clings to her skin once more.

It is at the same she will realize something about Boudika:

She is a color. Indigo.  

Elena breathes in the silence of the forest surrounding them. She shouldn't be following a stranger, shouldn't be in this forest. Boudika breathes the same thing that Elena does, and the air between them becomes taut with something unspoken and unknown—something that is entirely its own. Her heart trips against her ribcage when the woman turns to face her. “Elena,” Her voice is small, but rough around the edges. Boudika was not the first predator she had stood against. “I—,” she doesn't want to tell her. “I am, not sure,” she admits instead. It wasn't a lie, because Elena is still trying to figure out her truth.

She stares at her, cautiously then, blue eyes like winter, distant. “How much further to the mountain?” She asks her, halting her steps. “I think I can make it from here—on my own,” she says. “The stars are waiting for me there.” Not stars, no, Elena has never found such solace in the night lights, she is only comforted by one, a shed star. She smiles once more, even when danger is shaking her bones telling her to say no more and to go. “And you, do you have someone waiting for you, tonight, Boudika?”

so take away this apathy
bury it before it buries me

@Boudika

[Image: ddvotwe-59302ba6-6a81-47bf-9846-30c5a5db...0iFb4PvyXE]

let's light this house on fire
we'll dance in the warmth of its blaze
pixel made by the amazing star

Messages In This Thread
in the forest of the night - by Boudika - 04-22-2020, 11:57 PM
RE: in the forest of the night - by Elena - 04-26-2020, 11:49 AM
RE: in the forest of the night - by Boudika - 05-23-2020, 01:34 PM
RE: in the forest of the night - by Elena - 05-29-2020, 03:46 PM