Novus
an equine & cervidae rpg
Hello, Guest!
or Register

Thank you, everyone, for a wonderful 5 years!
Novus closed 10/31/2022, after The Gentle Exodus

Experience Earning  - Into the dreamscape [Elena]

Users browsing this thread: 2 Guest(s)

Played by Offline Sam [PM] Posts: 306 — Threads: 50
Signos: 900
Inactive Character

take this burden away from me
and bury it before it buries me

She had no claim over the man with shadows on his skin, and, in the dimly glowing light of Azrael, she is not sure if she even wants one. The prickle of jealousy (that had first reared its ugly head in the dim light of the hospital) can’t help but find footing and spread. After a brief moment however, she pushes whatever grudge down deep within her, blaming it on the fear that starts to tickle her skin.

He comes back to her.

Elena sees it in the way his eyes look at her and the way she holds him, she knows he has come back to her, back from wherever he may been, lost in a sea of pain and emotions. She needs me, he says, and Elena wants nothing more than to selfishly hold him closer and tell her how much she needs him too. “Then we will go,” she says to him as she releases her hold. (She can still feel his warmth pressed against her and it feels like something she hasn't felt in a long time, but she doesn't say.)

She stays close to him, ready to comfort, ready to wrap him inside her embrace once more. Elena would hold him as close as he needed her, for as long as he needed her. She would stand in his arms if it was until eternity fell, because the golden girl knew she could not survive in this world without knowing the touch of his skin against hers. He was the gentleness of starlight, with all the magic of dreams.

Elena follows Azrael’s own eyes to the ones that match his. Even with pain drenched over them like glasses, she can see the beauty of the creature. There is something else reaching out to her: magic. Azrael is moving towards her and the sunshine girl is unsure of what she witnesses in the beauty of their connection, just that it is there, like bridges being built, like mountains sweeping to valleys, and rivers flowing into oceans.

The medic comes to his side when he calls upon her. She closes her blue eyes and breathes the starlight in deep, taking it into her chest and letting the star fire fill her lungs to bursting. It feels like hope and possibility, cauterizing the edges of wounds that have been long left, until she can almost pretend that they no longer exist, until she can pretend like she is whole again. It is so easy with Azrael here. She takes a steadying breath and drops her chin, slanting her head downwards to stare at the creature and its injuries. “I think so,” she says, looking to Azrael before back down at the owl. She leans her golden head down, “Shhhh, its alright,” she says to the feathered creature much like she had to Azrael.

There are long grasses, long enough to tie until they would be able to proper bandages. A sturdy stick is found next to them. Elena goes to work examining the wings and mending the broken bone, being careful not to move the creature unnecessarily. Setting the bone in place with the stick, she wraps the wings tightly to her body. “She wont be able to fly while she heals,” she says turning to Azrael once she is bandaged temporarily with the long grass, around her wing and body. “You’ll have to carry her,” she says, she smiles. “But she will be okay, she will be great in fact,” she says brightly. “You will need to bring her by…or I can come to Denocte, to continue to monitor her,” she says and there is something shy almost in the way she tilts her head up at him. Blue eyes glance down towards the mending creature. “If you want to see me again.”<

so take away this apathy
bury it before it buries me

@Azrael <3

[Image: ddvotwe-59302ba6-6a81-47bf-9846-30c5a5db...0iFb4PvyXE]

let's light this house on fire
we'll dance in the warmth of its blaze
pixel made by the amazing star

Messages In This Thread
Into the dreamscape [Elena] - by Azrael - 05-13-2020, 01:41 PM
RE: Into the dreamscape [Elena] - by Elena - 05-15-2020, 10:05 AM
RE: Into the dreamscape [Elena] - by Azrael - 05-16-2020, 02:37 PM
RE: Into the dreamscape [Elena] - by Elena - 05-25-2020, 11:31 AM