Novus
an equine & cervidae rpg
Hello, Guest!
or Register

Thank you, everyone, for a wonderful 5 years!
Novus closed 10/31/2022, after The Gentle Exodus

All Welcome  - bright, splendid son [catacombs]

Users browsing this thread: 2 Guest(s)

Played by [PM] Posts: N/A — Threads:
Isra

Isra between the restless bones
“it is fervor and agony; it is temper and zeal.””
E
ven across the sea the desert has followed me. There is still grit beneath my teeth and bits of desert weed tangled into my tail that even the tides could not take from me. It chases me through my dreams-- miles and miles of golden dunes that open up their mouths full of teeth and nip as my heels as I race over them. Even when I wake I can still feel it, the sand in my soul calling me to come back home.

The sea is in my blood but the desert is in my soul (the one below this one, the mortal one).

So it does not surprise me to find myself walking through the streets of Solterra and listening to the whispers racing through the crowd like lions through a flock. Some gazes linger on me as I pass, following the place where my shadow tangles with Fable's as he flies overhead. Some of them surely remember the wall collapsing into a pile of diamonds (or maybe they remember the second time I came here with death draped across my heart like a crown).

And perhaps they can see the traces of war in the scars across my hip, or in the darkness of my eyes as I look forward and nowhere else.

I follow the trail of the whispers still racing like lions. I follow the sound of old death, and remembered agony, and the memories of evil mean I was not there to end. My heart breaks even as I promise myself that It will not happen again, not while there is air in my lungs and blood in my heart. Eik loves the desert too much for me to ever hate it, or let it die when I have all the power to save it.

The sight of Orestes breaks up the darkness of my gaze, his form glimmering both before me and in memory. My ocean heart starts to roar, and snarl, and tremble in my chest with something black and dangerous. I want to smile with teeth instead of gentleness when I step closer to join him before the catacombs. My teeth ache beneath the almost-kind curl of my lips when I say, “lead on”, as if my soul is not bellowing for the dark chasm looming beyond us.

The sand rises up around as Fable lands on the rooftop of a nearby building and settles into guard just as had during the time of the last king when I came to set free the suffering. I wonder if it makes this king angry to see the bones waiting for us to walk among their altars; I wonder if he remembers the feeling of being so close to death.

I wonder.

@Orestes | "speaks" | notes: <3
rallidae

Messages In This Thread
bright, splendid son [catacombs] - by Orestes - 05-28-2020, 03:55 PM
RE: bright, splendid son [catacombs] - by Isra - 06-03-2020, 08:46 PM
RE: bright, splendid son [catacombs] - by Orestes - 06-04-2020, 03:09 PM
RE: bright, splendid son [catacombs] - by Isra - 06-14-2020, 09:44 AM
RE: bright, splendid son [catacombs] - by Orestes - 06-29-2020, 08:00 PM
RE: bright, splendid son [catacombs] - by Isra - 07-06-2020, 06:25 PM
RE: bright, splendid son [catacombs] - by Orestes - 07-08-2020, 10:55 PM