Novus
an equine & cervidae rpg
Hello, Guest!
or Register

Thank you, everyone, for a wonderful 5 years!
Novus closed 10/31/2022, after The Gentle Exodus

Fight: Judged  - ROUND ONE: i'll have the knife in my teeth [TOURNAMENT]

Users browsing this thread: 3 Guest(s)

Played by [PM] Posts: N/A — Threads:
Zayir

only after disaster can we be resurrected
it's only after you've lost everything that you're free to do anything
He might blame the desert sand, or the sun, or the way Andras’s lightening reminds Zayir all too much of the heat storms that thunder in the desert, sometimes, all fury and no rain. 

He might blame all of these things, for how they are reduced to a step above inhumanity; a step above feral. The thing roiling within Zayir is dark, limitless, bloodthirsty. It feels empty and this, this fills it up. Sates a hunger Zayir did not know he had felt for so, so long.

But he is a soldier. He has always been a soldier, and what is a soldier without war? 

Nothing.

So he makes war on this other man’s body. 

The taste of blood is in his mouth. It is the only thing that seems real through the distorted, heavy fight. The heat is making his head hurt. Or was that Andras’s blow? Everything seems blurred; too fast and too slow all at once, as if they are on different settings, different speeds. 

The man—horse—animal—beast—beneath him is screaming, laughing, snarling, roaring. He wrenches his neck from his grasp, bucking upward. He does so with more force than Zayir is expecting; but as soon as Andras’s ripped himself from his grasp, Zayir was already moving to place distance between them. Andras does not succeed in bowling Zayir over; instead the white stallion takes the blow to the chest and grounds himself in the sands. He is edged back by the force of the impact, but the two of them are left chest-to-chest, heaving breaths, when the referee calls the end. 

There is a silence, then, in the sands.

A watching, waiting, silence. Zayir circles away, like a wildcat. They compliment one another as only opposites can. 

His mind is still full of heat storms; of lightening in towered clouds, striking without mercy and brightly, so brightly. 
"I must admit," Zayir says, his lips curled up like a lion's do. "You've changed my impression of Delumine, Warden."

"Speech." || 

nothing is static, everything is evolving
everything is falling apart
CREDITS|| Avis

Summary: Zayir gets lost contemplating things AGAIN. He feels disoriented in the heat and intensity of the fight, focusing on the taste of blood in his mouth before Andras's rips away and Zayir is left momentarily reeling. But, as soon as Andras rips out of his grip, Zayir steps back and grounds himself for preparation of Andras's next onslaught. He is driven back into the sand, but Andras does not successfully tackle Zayir/take him to the ground. When the referee calls the end of the fight, Zayir steps away and half-circles. Then, he gives Andras a compliment. 

Attack Used: 2
Attack(s) Left: 0
Block Used: 1
Block(s) Left: 0
Item(s) Used: None

Response Deadline: August 9th. cannon and I both discussed exceeding deadlines and are fine with it!
Tags: @Andras, @Sid, @inkbone, @nestle, @aimless, @layla

Messages In This Thread
RE: ROUND ONE: i'll have the knife in my teeth [TOURNAMENT] - by Zayir - 08-06-2020, 04:10 PM