Novus
an equine & cervidae rpg
Hello, Guest!
or Register

Thank you, everyone, for a wonderful 5 years!
Novus closed 10/31/2022, after The Gentle Exodus

Private  - A Light in the Abyss

Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Played by [PM] Posts: N/A — Threads:
Silasthein

I can hear your sorrow...

Hail, stranger.

Honeyed words spilled from the pale rose lips of his companion. Silas had not noticed them previously, despite the fact that they were adorned with such finery. They were celestial in design, from the very tip of their toes to the sweeping glory of their tresses. Silas' thorns twitched atop his head as he fixed his gaze squarely on them. Their eyes were like his own, heterochromatic. They both seemed to share the amethyst hue that danced in the dim light. His companion reminded him of the way the gilded cathedrals of his homeland sparkled in midsummer. Silas was convinced that this very well may be a deity disguised as a mortal with such an ornate appearance, and an opalescent pearl nestled between gilded horns. He found his companion utterly breathtaking. They spoke again, speaking of the heat the desert boasted. A chuckle slipped past his ivory lips. He did not miss the way their gentle smile highlighted their face.

Silas returned one of his own. "I suppose it is the pride of the desert, is it not? I prefer the dry heat, to the humidity in Terastella." He answered his companion. The words slipped from his tongue eagerly. It had been long since he'd been able to speak with anyone outside of the hospital. He acknowledged that his leaning might be taken as rude, but he couldn't bring himself to relinquish his position. The way the light danced off his companion had him momentarily mesmerized by them. It was only when their hooves fell upon the cracked stone that he snapped his gaze downward momentarily. They introduced themselves as Orias, and followed up by inquiring as to what his name was. "Silasthein, but I go by Silas. It's a pleasure to meet you, Orias." He gave a nod toward his companion and winced when the movement irritated his wounds.

"I take it that you're a traveler too?" Silas offered his companion with a quiet smile once more. He craved to lay in the sun, but his fear of being able to hoist himself upward once more prevented him from indulging such desires. He did force himself to push away from the wall and take a few steps toward his companion. The gait he held was awkward, and his steps staggered. He ceased movement until he had swung himself to face the same direction as Orias. He cast a sidelong glance at his new companion with a smile. A silent invitation to join him. "Would you be troubled if I asked for your company at the festival, Orias?" He asked before he made any assumptions about his companion. 

Notes: I love Orias!   | Tags: @Orias 

... Playing through the airwaves

Messages In This Thread
A Light in the Abyss - by Silasthein - 06-06-2020, 10:30 AM
RE: A Light in the Abyss - by Orias - 06-17-2020, 08:53 AM
RE: A Light in the Abyss - by Silasthein - 06-27-2020, 03:14 PM
RE: A Light in the Abyss - by Orias - 08-04-2020, 12:10 PM