Novus
an equine & cervidae rpg
Hello, Guest!
or Register

Thank you, everyone, for a wonderful 5 years!
Novus closed 10/31/2022, after The Gentle Exodus

All Welcome  - Break me at my Best

Users browsing this thread: 2 Guest(s)

Played by Offline Jeanne [PM] Posts: 399 — Threads: 81
Signos: 100
Inactive Character

Her light shove in the ribs seemed to be enough to awaken the pony, who twitched and mumbled for a moment before raising her head and looking around, bleary-eyed and tensed with pain. It didn’t take long for the pony’s gaze to find her, though, considering that she was standing right in front of her, it wasn’t much of a feat. Seraphina eyed her without a hint of judgement – or pity – as she seemed to get her bearings, stating that she thought she was conscious now, albeit in a good deal of pain. The way that she was fumbling around, likely attempting to move into a less awkward position or, better yet, stand up, probably wasn’t doing much to help any injuries she might have. Her lumbering had temporarily distracted the pony from Seraphina, but, once she had successfully managed to reposition herself, her eyes were back on the larger mare, growing cautious with her increased awareness. She proceeded to ask, with perfect seriousness, if she was dead.

That was a ridiculous question, to say the least. “No,” Seraphina responded immediately, her tone and expression neutral as ever. “You are in a land called Novus, on the borders of the realm of the Day Court.” That information probably meant nothing to the crashed pony, but she supposed that it might help her to get her bearings, on the off chance that she did know of these lands. “I am Seraphina, a warrior of the Day Court. I do not imagine that you are a threat; under the circumstances, I doubt you even intended to land here. State your name and purpose, and I will bring you back to the court to recover.” It didn’t seem like the pony was as badly injured as she’d first imagined, seeing her slumped on the shoreline, but it would be best if a healer took a look at her. She would also need fresh water and food, and both were rarities in the vast desert that sprawled out from the coast. Seraphina kept her eyes trained on the pony; regardless of whether or not she intended to come to these lands and whether or not she was actually trespassing, given that the court had no Sovereign, and, therefore, no laws, it was Seraphina’s job to assess whether or not she was a threat before dragging her back to the court.

Assuming that the pony's answers were acceptable, she couldn't help but wonder how she would transport the pony back to the court. Hopefully a bit of time would give her enough control to stand again, because, although Seraphina was the considerably larger equine of the two, she didn't imagine that she could carry her. At the best, she could allow the pony to lean on her, and even that would be awkward given the sheer size of her wings. 

I'M IN A ROOM MADE OUT OF MIRRORS
and there's no way to escape the violence of a girl against herself.

please tag Sera! contact is encouraged, short of violence

Messages In This Thread
Break me at my Best - by Aryel - 06-01-2017, 11:31 AM
RE: Break me at my Best - by Seraphina - 06-02-2017, 12:03 AM
RE: Break me at my Best - by Aryel - 06-02-2017, 09:03 AM
RE: Break me at my Best - by Seraphina - 06-02-2017, 09:58 AM
RE: Break me at my Best - by Aryel - 06-04-2017, 12:05 PM
RE: Break me at my Best - by Seraphina - 06-05-2017, 10:03 AM