Novus
an equine & cervidae rpg
Hello, Guest!
or Register

Thank you, everyone, for a wonderful 5 years!
Novus closed 10/31/2022, after The Gentle Exodus

All Welcome  - Break me at my Best

Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Played by [PM] Posts: N/A — Threads:
Aryel

Novus? Day Court? She had never heard of this place, which was both good and bad. She was likely as far from home as she could get, all but ensuring that nobody would ever be able to bring her back, but it also meant that she was now alone in thoroughly-unfamiliar territory. The mare introduced herself as Seraphina, explaining that she was a soldier of this land. Aryel couldn't help a spiteful chuckle at her observation that she was unlikely to be a threat. "I'd like to see you get thrown around by a hurricane and come out looking like anything other than a drowned rat." she muttered, trying once again to rise to her feet. Just as before, the motion made her face twist with pain, but she forced herself up off the ground. Clumps of wet sand dropped off her pelt as she did so, and she shook herself to be rid of the rest. Tucking her wings in carefully, she sized up the other once more, noting the size different between them with some annoyance. Her father's folk were ferocious, yes, but you wouldn't know it by looking at them, and she had inherited that stature. The intense look of neutrality on the other's face remained, and Aryel snorted quietly. "I appreciate your deep concern, really I do. Don't worry, though--I'll live." The sarcasm in her voice wasn't at all difficult to miss.

Her name and purpose was requested--more demanded, really. "Aryel. No purpose other than trying to find somewhere I can live my own life." She fancied herself an explorer, yes, but that didn't mean she was averse to finding somewhere to settle one day--she just needed to find somewhere she could stand to live.

Thoughts of exploration and travelling caused the tragedy of last night to resurface painfully, and some of the cockiness dropped away for a moment. "I didn't come here alone, though. Have you seen a large bat recently? Orange fur around his neck, face like a little fox?" Whatever gods are out there, please let Java be alive. "We got separated in the storm, I have to find him."

Messages In This Thread
Break me at my Best - by Aryel - 06-01-2017, 11:31 AM
RE: Break me at my Best - by Seraphina - 06-02-2017, 12:03 AM
RE: Break me at my Best - by Aryel - 06-02-2017, 09:03 AM
RE: Break me at my Best - by Seraphina - 06-02-2017, 09:58 AM
RE: Break me at my Best - by Aryel - 06-04-2017, 12:05 PM
RE: Break me at my Best - by Seraphina - 06-05-2017, 10:03 AM