Novus
an equine & cervidae rpg
Hello, Guest!
or Register

Thank you, everyone, for a wonderful 5 years!
Novus closed 10/31/2022, after The Gentle Exodus

Private  - here lies the abyss

Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Played by [PM] Posts: N/A — Threads:
Avallac'h

the sound of cannons
breaking open the sky

By all means, forget about it.

Well then.

It had been no gentle request.  Domineering—that is what had composed the reiterated words that he had formed and placed before her.  Like a kind offering from a pariah to the one they pleaded to accept them back into their good graces.  Not even the wry twitch of humor that played at the edge of her lip completely eased the note.

"As you wish."  He had muttered under his breath after her command.  He would not bring up the fact she had been on her knees anymore.  He would do his best to forget the image, but not the concern it had formed inside of him.

He knew she probably meant nothing by the words, but Avallac'h was a man with a more tender soul now.  Quick to withdraw and hesitant to infringe unless he believed he needed to.

It did not fluster him, made no feeling of agitation or annoyance rise up inside of him.  Rather, it made that tender well that harbored all the kindness he had to offer nervously close up.  A heavy slab, one that was composed of guilt, blood, heavy chains, placed itself on the lip of the well, sliding slightly over the mouth of it.  His ears, alert, tipped back.  The only sign that he was apologetic and meant no harm.

Like the tomb of a supreme being, the slab that had appeared was prepared to clog up that well completely.  It was ready to silence it and render him mute and still.

It hadn't yet, though, and that is why he would continue to try and offer help.  Why he attentively mirrored her swaying steps.  Harsh words had hardly deterred him before.  In the past, they had made him more stubborn, but that was a lifetime ago.

Not commenting on the way she repeated the information he had given her back (Avallac’h from elsewhere—from nowhere, everywhere. The man with no home, failed king, destroyer of lives.  Kidnapper and killer of children.  It could have been worse, he supposes.) he continued to carefully watch every movement she made.  Unlike before, the step she took this time is not one he reflected.

Some faint wonder pulled at his brows at the words she said in response to his proposal of resting.  Furthermore, it found him slightly questioning why he had so foolishly offered her his cloak.  (Because it was the kind thing to do; the right thing to do.)

Her words were also ones that had him wondering about what exactly she had been doing beneath the sandy grounds of the desert.  Why had she been out here, stumbling from whatever the sun had graciously shown him through the cracked floor?  He wanted to know, but he would rather she—

Body locking up, his head twitched humorously, showing his surprise and shock at the words she had voiced.

Well then.

A hesitant smile tugged at the corner of his mouth,  "I'll be sure to keep that in mind."  He kindly answered, something a little warmer, a little more Avallac'h creeping into his voice that was combined with just a tender hint of bashfulness.  "Are you—"

Put your cloak on and come with me,

...Well then.

Looking at her curiously, he merely shook his head (perplexed, surprised, confused — he didn't know), accepting her command and wrapping his cloak back around his neck in well-practiced movements.  He waited a moment after she had passed, allowing her to gain space before he turned and diligently followed after her.

"Not purposefully, no.  Would it be too bold of me to say that I'm surprised you would call yourself such?  After all, when one thinks of a damsel, they think of one in distress."  He continues to keep up easily with her.  "And I was given the impression you are not in distress—and need no help.  Or... was I correct in assuming you did?"  There is no note of superiority in his voice, only one that softly inquired after her own well-being.

Giving one last look over a shoulder to where whatever laid hidden beneath the ground was, he returned his attention to her.  "Might I ask what it is you were doing out here?  Where it is you're going?"  She had just started walking, after all, going in a direction different than the one he, himself, had come from.  That is if the direction of the sun above them was any indication.

Speech
@Hälla

Messages In This Thread
here lies the abyss - by Hälla - 06-11-2020, 10:40 AM
RE: here lies the abyss - by Avallac'h - 06-12-2020, 11:03 AM
RE: here lies the abyss - by Hälla - 06-12-2020, 06:04 PM
RE: here lies the abyss - by Avallac'h - 06-12-2020, 09:06 PM
RE: here lies the abyss - by Avallac'h - 06-13-2020, 01:34 PM
RE: here lies the abyss - by Hälla - 06-13-2020, 08:33 PM
RE: here lies the abyss - by Avallac'h - 06-14-2020, 04:21 PM
RE: here lies the abyss - by Avallac'h - 06-14-2020, 10:41 PM
RE: here lies the abyss - by Avallac'h - 06-15-2020, 12:51 PM