Novus
an equine & cervidae rpg
Hello, Guest!
or Register

Thank you, everyone, for a wonderful 5 years!
Novus closed 10/31/2022, after The Gentle Exodus

Private  - ' ' BRING ME THE SUN *

Users browsing this thread: 2 Guest(s)

Played by Offline e-cho [PM] Posts: 48 — Threads: 12
Signos: 0
Inactive Character

were you to fall, i should fall too
She is quiet as the sun in those moments when he follows. These are the moments that she listens to the wind as it whistles in and out of his lungs, panting, rushing, falling from his lips while he tries to calm himself. Even his beating heart is felt against her side when she presses so close to him, extending her wings up, up, up to block the entrance, up to hide her bull.

He falls into her skin like darkness.

She lets him rest there, lets his words slip on her spine as water over morning leaves still humming from a cool night and trying to keep warm. Juniper does that now, tries to keep warm, and lets her sister's love wash over her after El Rey is through.

"I could not stay where you were not." She soothes him, pressing her brow to his brow, sweeping one dusky wing forward to kiss his side gently just as she did when they met so long ago in the Night Markets, when those crowds overwhelmed him, too. Her heart sings to him, her blood is a river stopped up when the dark bull is not there.

With a tilted head and curious eyes, she traces the cuts on his skin and murmurs a prayer to sweet Vespera. "Tell me, my bull, would you have me stripped from your side so easily? I do not fear the hands of any man," and there is the goddess-girl he met again, shining and resplendent, shimmering even in their shadowed alcove. Hers is a voice full of calmness, full of faith. Hers is a temple still calling all travelers home, still welcoming them by her eternal fire.

Juniper would not abandon him. Not now, not ever.

@El Rey | "speaks" | notes: HUZZAH

rallidae | art

Messages In This Thread
' ' BRING ME THE SUN * - by Juniper - 06-29-2020, 07:48 PM
RE: ' ' BRING ME THE SUN * - by El Rey - 07-13-2020, 05:15 PM
RE: ' ' BRING ME THE SUN * - by Juniper - 08-16-2020, 10:07 PM
RE: ' ' BRING ME THE SUN * - by El Rey - 09-14-2020, 01:04 AM
RE: ' ' BRING ME THE SUN * - by Juniper - 09-22-2020, 02:29 PM