Novus
an equine & cervidae rpg
Hello, Guest!
or Register

Thank you, everyone, for a wonderful 5 years!
Novus closed 10/31/2022, after The Gentle Exodus

Private  - there is a world i kissed goodbye

Users browsing this thread: 2 Guest(s)

Played by [PM] Posts: N/A — Threads:
Warset

“We were just holes, after all, holes filled up with light,"

It still seems strange to flutter her wings like an uncertain frond in the water and speak in sentences instead of ballads. There is no eternal music here in the water, and the willows, and the strange stained glass tree in the distance. Warset thinks there should be more this silence and the dark judgment in their gazes as they look across the shimmer reflections of their forms.

This feels like war, like the quiet in the center of it when all the blood has been spilled and the drums haven’t started humming again. And she smiles into the cold middle of war when she settles her wings at her sides and steps though the water. Her eyes do not strain to the ripples of her form and the way the black of her turns feline in feral in the curl of her hip. She wonders if the mare will see the war-quiet, the smile, or the reflection beneath her bellow.

Warset tilts an ear, one as curled as the reflection staring at her across the water, towards the mare in an instinctual sign of curiosity. Her nostrils flare as she tries to name the myriad location hanging to the mare (and she’s hoping to smell cosmic dust, and starlight, and silver steel moonlight). But Warset has no name for the weeds tangling in her hair, and the trees reaching hungry towards the water, and the refractions of sunlight making art in the ripples. There are a million constellation names, and a galaxy of planets on her tongue, but still she stumbles over the words of-- “I do not know anything about the mountains and the night.”

The water makes a hissing sound as she steps close enough to touch through the reeds and the muck. Light catches the droplets falling from her wings and turns them to diamonds and star-shards. She reaches out her nose in greeting as her smile waivers between folly, and fear, and something dark as wanting. “Is that why you cling to the shore instead of the depths? And the way her eyes shine, like silver fish-scales in the noon, promises that even the night could not cool all the things slumbering in her skin.

It only feeds them. Like wood instead of darkness.

"and deep in our secret hearts, we worried that we were just a mistake"

art

@Dalmatia

Messages In This Thread
there is a world i kissed goodbye - by Dalmatia - 06-29-2020, 08:22 PM
RE: there is a world i kissed goodbye - by Warset - 07-06-2020, 10:45 PM
RE: there is a world i kissed goodbye - by Warset - 09-08-2020, 06:49 PM
RE: there is a world i kissed goodbye - by Warset - 11-22-2020, 06:56 PM