Novus
an equine & cervidae rpg
Hello, Guest!
or Register

Thank you, everyone, for a wonderful 5 years!
Novus closed 10/31/2022, after The Gentle Exodus

Private  - Temples of Change

Users browsing this thread: 2 Guest(s)

Played by Offline Lullivy [PM] Posts: 225 — Threads: 37
Signos: 1,285
Night Court Sovereign
Female [She/her/hers]  |  15 [Year 496 Spring]  |  15.3 hh  |  Hth: 3 — Atk: 3 — Exp: 51  |    Active Magic: N/A  |    Bonded: Picoro (Sloth)

The stars are alive, child! Did you know that? Everything out there is alive, and there are grand purpose abroad!

She had wondered, at times during her stay, what her life would look like if she stayed within the temple. She had been holding on to lost memories for so long, basking i their glory, luring herself at once into false happiness, and a constant desire to go back. Living in Dusk, in the swamp, the hospital was only feeding into that. The tangled mangrove was the closest thing to the woods there was in Novus. The dim ember of sunlight that cast its looming shadows down on the court reminescent of the way the light had dappled through the outskirts of the Eternal woods. But here, on the mountains. It was different, she had finally been able to take a few months to live in the present. and she had enjoyed it. But, could she keep that. She hadn't thought of her children in nearly a month, something she nearly felt guilty about... but at the same time, it was a weight lifted off her shoulders.

She needed time to think, breathe.... at least say goodbye to Elena if she decided to leave dusk... For what felt like the millionth time since coming to Novus, Luvena's mind was a storm of what if's. Doubt, and guilt spiraling throughout.... but this time  she could see the eye of the storm, and in it she wondered if there was hope. 

She snorted softly in response. "That's what they tell each other." she replied "But catch them alone in there for once and they soften right up. Everyone needs to be cared for sometimes, even those who have sworn their very lives to Caligo" She had yearned for that care after she had sworn herself to Acrux. She missed her role sometimes, but it had also been one of the loneliest times of her life. With only Oberon by her side, both of them having been pushed together. 

Luvena didn't miss the brief flicker of emotion through the man's deep eyes as she mentioned Elena. She couldn't tell what emotions had stirred up, but they were certainly there, and she wondered how the two knew each other. What shadows they had cast upon each other's pelts to cause such fleeting moments of turmoil.

"They will get infected and fester if you don't let someone treat them" her words were stern. "They say if you do not spend half your time in there then you are not devoted enough to Caligo" she parroted the words back at him in a nearly mocking tone. 

She welcomed the cool touch of shadows this time. "Me too" she murmured. "This is the first place where I haven't spent days pondering everything in the past..."  She could hear the sadness that lurked between his words. "soon..." she replied. "Some day when the ice has thawed enough on the trails. " she hesitated for a moment "I'll need someone to help me down..." she dropped her gaze slightly. It wasn't often she asked for help, usually too stubborn. But, she wasn't a fool, she knew better than to try and pick her way down the mountain alone in the middle of winter. 

"I'll visit" she reassured with a smile. "Next time I'm at deaths doorstep, I'll plop myself in the foothills again and wait for someone to bring me up. Give me an excuse to stay a while" 

@Tenebrae

@Luvena

Messages In This Thread
Temples of Change - by Luvena - 07-21-2020, 06:16 PM
RE: Temples of Change - by Tenebrae - 08-01-2020, 11:37 AM
RE: Temples of Change - by Luvena - 08-01-2020, 05:32 PM
RE: Temples of Change - by Tenebrae - 08-16-2020, 02:51 PM
RE: Temples of Change - by Luvena - 09-01-2020, 10:09 AM
RE: Temples of Change - by Tenebrae - 09-07-2020, 11:22 AM
RE: Temples of Change - by Luvena - 09-20-2020, 05:42 PM
RE: Temples of Change - by Tenebrae - 10-03-2020, 05:53 AM