Novus
an equine & cervidae rpg
Hello, Guest!
or Register

Thank you, everyone, for a wonderful 5 years!
Novus closed 10/31/2022, after The Gentle Exodus

Private  - dandelion wine for a year

Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Played by [PM] Posts: N/A — Threads:
Maeve

collect beautiful moments
The Dawn Court soldier and I were making our way back to Denocte when we took this shortcut. After a little while, he mentioned he had some business to deal with and told me to go have fun in the fields for a little bit. He didn't like when I strayed too far last time, so I figure I won't be too mean to him and wander away much this time.

When we were walking before, I was watching the way the sky turned all different colors. I remember Momma Morr telling me about each of the Courts and how they're named after the different times of the sky. I like ours the most, not just because it's my Court but I love the moon. There's something about it that makes me feel all warm and fuzzy inside. It's like when I'm nestled next to Momma at bedtime and ready to go to sleep. It's that comforting feeling that I'm here and I'm not alone. I have someone who loves me and will protect me. The moon in its own way watches over me like a mother would.

It's finally nightfall and the moon looks down on me again. I smile and try to count all the stars that are around it. I stop at ten because there are just too many to keep track of. I also realize that someone else is out here as a scent carries on the breeze. I get up from where I had been laying and trot over to the other horse.

At first I'm friendly and calm, but then I can see streaks coming down from her eyes. She must have been crying not too long ago. "Are you okay, lady?!" I ask, maybe a little too loudly compared to a normal worried reaction. I put a lot of emphasis on the you and then the okay comes out like oh-KAY. But I'm really worried for her because there's nothing out here to be sad about.

"I'm Maeve. I was just with this soldier, but I'm not sure where he is right now. I can try to get help?" I offer, although it's a very weak offer. I'm not a trained medic and I don't really know the soldier guy. I'm thinking maybe if I run fast and yell loud enough, I could find someone who knew more to help. Or maybe he would come running.

Hopefully, she's okay and I'm just overthinking it all.

"Speaking."

@Nicnevin <3

Messages In This Thread
dandelion wine for a year - by Nicnevin - 07-22-2020, 11:42 AM
RE: dandelion wine for a year - by Maeve - 07-25-2020, 08:27 PM
RE: dandelion wine for a year - by Nicnevin - 07-27-2020, 05:23 PM
RE: dandelion wine for a year - by Maeve - 08-02-2020, 05:07 PM
RE: dandelion wine for a year - by Nicnevin - 08-03-2020, 09:22 AM
RE: dandelion wine for a year - by Maeve - 08-06-2020, 09:06 PM
RE: dandelion wine for a year - by Nicnevin - 08-09-2020, 02:59 PM
RE: dandelion wine for a year - by Maeve - 08-22-2020, 09:36 PM
RE: dandelion wine for a year - by Nicnevin - 08-24-2020, 08:55 PM