Novus
an equine & cervidae rpg
Hello, Guest!
or Register

Thank you, everyone, for a wonderful 5 years!
Novus closed 10/31/2022, after The Gentle Exodus

Private  - dandelion wine for a year

Users browsing this thread: 2 Guest(s)

Played by [PM] Posts: N/A — Threads:
Maeve

collect beautiful moments
The lady says she's okay, but she really doesn't look okay. After all, she had been crying and I can see that clearly on her face. Still, by the way she talks to me, she doesn't seem upset exactly. I just find it really strange and wonder if she's hiding something just to be nice. I know some people do that because I'm a kid, but really I don't mind if they're honest with me.

I find it kind of cool that she calls me "Lady Maeve" and it makes me smile. It's like she's treating me as an equal rather than just a kid and I think I like that. As much as Shadow Man's nickname "Phoenix" was cool too, this is different. It's a new title I can wear like how Momma is Regent.

It's weird when she bows since I'm not important or anything and it makes me freeze up a little. Am I supposed to do anything back? Or say something? I just look around awkwardly and hope I don't offend her if I don't bow back. "I haven't heard of that place before," I say, tilting my head with curiosity at the name of her home. It doesn't sound like anywhere in Novus, or at least neither of my Mommas have mentioned it. Maybe it's a secret place that no one's heard of before and I'm about to be the first one to find out!

Nicnevin then explains her tears were happy tears and it starts to make a little more sense. Although, all my wonder about where she comes from is pushed aside for a moment when she says she's never seen the night sky before. It actually makes my jaw drop from surprise. "What?!" I exclaim, maybe a little bit too loud and I realize I may have offended her. "I mean - you've really never seen the night sky before? Did you not have one where you're from?" Maybe her land is so secret because it's so sheltered. Or maybe somehow it doesn't have a night sky? The idea makes no sense to me.

"It's the coolest thing in the world," I start to explain, suddenly compelled to tell her everything I know. "The moon is what my Court looks up to a lot. It's sooo bright and pretty. Our Court is named after the night time and our deity is Caligo. There are so many stories about her and the night and the stars. I think my favorite though is that all the stars up there are our ancestors looking down on us." It makes me feel as wise as Tenebrae to be telling my new friend these things. I had been looking up at the sky while I talked, so I turned back to her to see what she thought. Hopefully she's just as amazed as me.

"Speaking."

@Nicnevin <3

Messages In This Thread
dandelion wine for a year - by Nicnevin - 07-22-2020, 11:42 AM
RE: dandelion wine for a year - by Maeve - 07-25-2020, 08:27 PM
RE: dandelion wine for a year - by Nicnevin - 07-27-2020, 05:23 PM
RE: dandelion wine for a year - by Maeve - 08-02-2020, 05:07 PM
RE: dandelion wine for a year - by Nicnevin - 08-03-2020, 09:22 AM
RE: dandelion wine for a year - by Maeve - 08-06-2020, 09:06 PM
RE: dandelion wine for a year - by Nicnevin - 08-09-2020, 02:59 PM
RE: dandelion wine for a year - by Maeve - 08-22-2020, 09:36 PM
RE: dandelion wine for a year - by Nicnevin - 08-24-2020, 08:55 PM